119. You may not vote on this poll
  • BBM

100 84.03%
  • iMessage

19 15.97%
10-25-11 03:35 PM
83 ... 234
tools
    1. That assumes you have icloud sync on at all times and from what I read everybody seems to turn it off to save battery life
    2. Privacy concerns, somebody could be ears dropping on your conversations
    3. What happens if you have a group conversation with mixed imessage contacts, some using apple ID, some using email, some sms and then you continue conversation on a different device that can't send or receive sms in case of problems with the network(outof reach etc) on your device or the other contact's?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    1) iMessage does not require you to have iCloud sync turned on.

2) Don't understand your point about privacy concerns

3) iPad cannot send SMS messages even with the 3G radio turned on.
    10-24-11 05:33 PM
    belfastdispatcher,
    I see you posted after me. As you're on my ignore list I cannot see your reply. If it's to me, I won't be able to answer. Just a heads up so you don't waste your time and energy. I don't waste mine.
    LOL - I think the same reason you have BFD on ignore is the same reason you would not want to post your telephone number if I am following correctly.
    10-24-11 11:13 PM
    LOL - I think the same reason you have BFD on ignore is the same reason you would not want to post your telephone number if I am following correctly.
    Ha ha, great point there, for whatever reason she has me on the ignore list must be great to have the ignore feature. Kind of ironic to say she doesn't need it yet she's using it right now.

10-25-11 02:13 AM
    Ha ha, great point there, for whatever reason she has me on the ignore list must be great to have the ignore feature. Kind of ironic to say she doesn't need it yet she's using it right now.

She's using it because she can't control who joins or contribute to crackberry. You can however control who you give your phone number to, avoiding the need for an ignore feature. These are two completely different situations.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-25-11 02:31 PM
    Seriously? That's gotta be the most nave statement on crackberry, once you give your number away to one person you have lost control over it.

10-25-11 02:42 PM
    If you say so, but I don't have the need for apps that block people and I've had the same number for 11 years.

Edited to correct typo and add I said "You control who YOU give your number to" Can't control others.
    Last edited by pri79269; 10-25-11 at 03:06 PM.
    10-25-11 03:03 PM
    If you say so, but I don't have the need for apps that block people and I've had the same number for 11 years.

Edited to correct typo and add I said "You control who YOU give your number to" Can't control others.
    You're lucky, wait until telemarketers get hold of it. Which makes me think, how long before spam starts on imessage.

10-25-11 03:26 PM
    I never post anything publicly, correct. I give out my information to people I know,personally. I give my if to friends and family. I've had the same cell number for 12 years. Never had to block.

If you're careful you can avoid sales calls, even wrong numbers. I don't have issues with that. But again, I'm pretty private and selective.

A profile here or Twitters or Facebook is iffy.

I can't control who posts here. If I could, and of CB was invite only, I wouldn't invite a few.

That's not the same thing as a public forum.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-25-11 at 03:40 PM.
    10-25-11 03:35 PM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD