so i have my SMS conversation appearing in my BBM chat conversation. what i mean is that lets say i have an sms conversation with A, and also have BBM chat conversation with A as well... if I open my BBM chat under Chat (#), I would see two list

1 list is with A, but SMS conversation
    1 list is also with A, but BBM chat conversation

why do my SMS with A appearing in my BBM? I do have my A blackberry contact associated each other, meaning in A, i have the PIN filled out, and associate my BBM contact with my BB contact.

How do I get rid of this SMS conversation appearing in my BBM other than deleting my SMS conversation?

Thanks
    08-01-10 09:06 AM
    Two ways.

1. Remove contacts link in bbm.
    2. Join the beta program for bbm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 09:19 AM
    I had this same problem for a couple of weeks! It was so annoying! But I figured out how to fix it yesterday. I'm not sure if it's the same reason why it's doin it to you, but here's why it did it to me! :-)

My husband and my mom are pretty much the only people I talk to on BBM. I had added their pin numbers to their regular contact info on my phone. That's what caused it. So I kept tryin to just deleting their pins off their contact info. My SMS still kept showing up in my BBM. It'd show up as 2 different chats from the same person. One chat would have a lil cellphone lookin symbol by it and the other would have a lil blackberry symbol by it. Their pins would just reappear in their regular contact info! So I finally just deleted my mom and husband off BBM and decided maybe it was easier to not use BBM anymore.

Well my texts were back to normal! I then got a bright idea. I went back under their contact info and deleted their pins once again. Then I re invited them to my BBM. Everything's separate now!

Hope this helps!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 09:34 AM
    You can leave the pin in their contact info, just break the link in BBM.

-In BBM, Highlight the contact (Make sure it's the contact and not a converstation with that person)
    -Press the BB Menu Button (To the left of the trackpad)
    -From the menu, there is an option to break the link to the BlackBerry Contact.

This will keep the SMS from showing up in BBM, but allow you to store the Pin # in their contact info in case you ever have to reload or re-add them for some reason.

The "Option" to upgrade to the Beta should be taken with a grain of salt. I do NOT recommend it unless you are comfortable with adding and updating software yourself as it comes with NO SUPPORT.
    Besides, the BETA for BBM is closed right now. (I know, I'm in the beta program.)
    08-01-10 11:36 AM
    BBM Version 5.0.1.X has the option "Show Chats in Messages Application" which will stop this from happening.
    08-01-10 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD