Got an awsome ringtone (Lil Wayne - A Millie) haha.

When my phone rings it plays the ringtone fine but as soon as I take it out the holster the ringtone stops playing, yet carries on vibrating, and for some strange reason restarts the ringtone and plays again.

This is real annoying, and i cant see the logic behind what BlackBerry are trying to achieve by doing this ! Because apparently you cant change this is a standard thing all BlackBerrys do, i mean why can't it just play without stopping until I answer it ?

By any chance does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it, have a solution or even any ideas ? Maybe by removing the magnets in the holster ?

Luca x
    Last edited by xlucax; 01-27-10 at 02:32 PM.
    01-27-10 02:29 PM
    This is how you have it set up, maybe bu accident in the profile. Go to the profile you are using and select edit and make sure your out of holster options are set how you want them
    01-27-10 02:30 PM
    Okay man, I'll try this now !
    01-27-10 02:35 PM
    Call me a dummy ****..
    Nah there no seperate in holster/out of holster option for the profile ! Only under sound ringtone options it asks if you want the ringtone to ring in holster and out of holster but i have it set on always.

Awhh man this is annoying
    01-27-10 02:42 PM
    its in play sound, you have 3 options. always, in holster, out of holster. It is there. Promise
    01-27-10 02:44 PM
    go to profiles, click on profiles, when the menu comes up scroll to set ring tones/alerts, then select phone, then go to play sound, then go to (normal)always
    01-27-10 02:46 PM
    Yep thats whats its on now
    Told you blackberry make this stupid thing standard !
    Does yours not do it ? Im supprised so many people dont even care x
    01-27-10 02:58 PM
    Mine does not do it, maybe check that you are editing the right profile? Maybe change it then exit out and the go back in and change it back and then battery pull?? This seems strange, what OS are you running? I am running .442 and don't have this problem however I have never had this problem since stock .330. Maybe just change every profile to the same setting???
    01-27-10 03:01 PM
    Just changed all the profiles, they were all the same... Ill try the battery pull trick you said How do i find out what OS i am running ?
    01-27-10 03:04 PM
    This didnt work mate :\ it keeps reseting the ringtone play everytime i take it out and put it in the case !
    01-27-10 03:10 PM
    I am at a loss, do you have any third party apps installed like berrybuzz?? What OS are you running
    01-27-10 03:11 PM
    Hmm strange, and no its brand new but everywhere else ive read it says this problem is standard on blackberrys with their intention being that the ringtone alerts you and when its out the case its knows your gunna answer and so theres no need to ring anymore and turns its ring off :s but then why would it reset and play again seconds later ?

my os is v5.0.0.321

i may just take this into the store and see what they say !
    01-27-10 03:15 PM
    Well unfortunately they will not know but good luck. Sorry I couldn't be more help
    01-27-10 03:16 PM
    No problem mate x
    01-27-10 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD