02-01-11 01:10 PM
49 12
tools
    Sorry you have a problem with OS6. Just FYI, you can set different sounds for your different messages, mine are. Enjoy 0S5.
    I went to the profiles to change email sounds from others, but what I really have an issue with is SMS and MMS. They have the same sound. When you go into the profiles, and click "sounds for selcted profile" hit the "messages - notifiers" you get a list which says level 1, PIN, Text Messages" no more MMS notifications. Why would BB take away a basic notification? Even regular non smart phones have different sounds for SMS and MMS.

I know it sounds like im just being way to picky about a minor detail, but its something that makes my day to day use of my blackberry easier for me. I like the look of OS6 alot, but OS5 just gets messaging done better for me.
    01-29-11 09:31 AM
    Two words: Threaded Messages. I'm sticking with 6.0 for that reason alone!

Not a big fan of the "day view" in the calendar. People on here are not happy with the small text but I would welcome smaller text and one line of appt info in day view.

Can't wait for a few themes to start popping up though.
    01-29-11 09:47 AM
    I had .333 since it leaked, a few things are different like text selection and copy paste, but this build is way better.....universal search by far makes 6 so much better then 5, 6 browser has column view just learn how to use it....battery life is way better then .333

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 10:36 AM
    I like .431 but I have been having web browsing problems BUT I performed the upgrade while i am here in Germany so it could be my coverage (even though it shows 3G and full bars. I will find out for sure when I am back in the States next weekend
    01-29-11 03:29 PM

My biggest problem is getting used to the calendar. I really prefer the 5.0 calendar. It won't take my settings for the day to be 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. It keeps all 24 hours open. I also can't seem to enter appointments directly from the calendar view. Any suggestions?
    You could open your calendar in another view, like agenda or just press D W or A from the month view and go to Day Week or Agenda. then enter appts'
    I have mine on month view, scroll to the day and enter to open, then write the note, easy. There are alot of calendar options that can be accessed very easily. Also, check your settings. I easily set mine to a time frame of 3am to 10pm.
    I'm loving it as well but my battery life is pretty terrible right now. It only lasts half a day, if that.
    You either have a bad battery or a battery sucking app. If you leave stuff like social feeds and google maps open, it will eat battery. My battery experience was improved by os-6 as well as for most other folks.

Also what happened to the browser shortcuts? I wish those were back.
    Disable universal search to get browser shortcuts back, then access universal search by pressing "S".
    OS-6 takes some getting used to. I went back and forth between 5 and 6 many times before settling in with 6. I'm running the 431 with the 448 overlay and a patch of the 6.1 files and find this to be an amazing experience compared to 5 or even some of the older 6 versions. One must give it time. I wouldn't go back now. To those experiencing the smaller font there is an adjustment for it you know. The default is 8. To small for me , I use 12. It makes a big difference. Unfortunatly there is no way toincrease the browser font size for what ever reason. Maybe in another update down the road. The alt/trackpad zoom method and text wrapping is about it.
    01-29-11 04:32 PM
    Cbreeze:Where did you get your hybrid. Did you make it. could you send me a link? DM me if you need to.I am having terrible battery problems with VZW OS6.and cannot find the problem.
    01-29-11 11:27 PM

Disable universal search to get browser shortcuts back, then access universal search by pressing "S".
    Disabling universal search gets you your homescreen shortcuts back. Browser shortcuts is a selectable option in the browser settings.
    01-30-11 06:25 AM
    Disabling universal search gets you your homescreen shortcuts back. Browser shortcuts is a selectable option in the browser settings.
    Right you are. Guess I transposed that thought. LOL!
    01-30-11 08:52 AM
    On verizon does this OS fix signal flux?

01-30-11 09:20 AM
    Cbreeze:Where did you get your hybrid. Did you make it. could you send me a link? DM me if you need to.I am having terrible battery problems with VZW OS6.and cannot find the problem.
    Re the pm I sent, I could update it to say get the 450 on. I loaded it today and it's even better. Look in the hybrid forums for SCrids 431/448/450 w/6.1 files
    It runs great. Easy to follow install.
    01-30-11 06:08 PM
    My biggest complaint on 6 is when composing a new text there is one more step. You have to go through 6 steps before you can start you text!!
    01-30-11 07:57 PM
    My biggest complaint on 6 is when composing a new text there is one more step. You have to go through 6 steps before you can start you text!!
    Jebulls, have you tried quick launch? 2 button press to sms. FWIW for anyone who is not aware of quicklaunch app, your missing lots of easy access functionality. Just sayin'.
    01-30-11 08:03 PM
    With QuickLaunch, you have three steps...
    01-30-11 08:08 PM
    I must have my QuickLaunch!
    01-30-11 08:56 PM
    I really don't like 6.0 after using it all weekend. Verizon customer server rep said I can't go back to 5.X. Those of you who went back, how did you do it and is it easy? When the 6.0 upgrade was taking place, I saw something that said it was making a backup file. Thanks.
    01-30-11 09:14 PM
    I really don't like 6.0 after using it all weekend. Verizon customer server rep said I can't go back to 5.X. Those of you who went back, how did you do it and is it easy? When the 6.0 upgrade was taking place, I saw something that said it was making a backup file. Thanks.
    Plug in your phone and open DM.
    Make a backup of your data.
    (if you want to, make a backup of your 3rd party apps with BBSAK)
    These are just to be safe.
    Then follow these steps:

1. Download the 975 exe (or whatever OS you want to load to your phone) to your pc. Maybe 1006? But I don't know where the exe is so you will have to look for 975.
    2. Delete all other OS installations from your pc.
    3. Install the 975 to your pc.
    4. plug your phone into your pc with a usb cable.
    5. If you want to shrink the OS (remove some of the extra files) download BB Hybrid Tools from here:BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
    IF NOT, jump to step 7
    6. If you are shrinking, double click bb hybrid tools exe and open the window and check anything you DO NOT want to install. Click SHRINK MY OS when finished.
    7. If you ARE NOT using a shrinking method, jump from Step 4 right to here and look for vendor.xml by going to c:/programfiles/commonfiles/researchinmotion/apploader/vendor.xml
    delete vendor file if you see it
    8. then stay in that same folder and double click the LOADER.exe file and your OS will start to install.

During the process, the loader will backup your data and apps, wipe your device and load the new OS and put everything back.

They are saying you can't go back because the latest official VZW OS is 5.0.0.1006 and they haven't put out the exe for that. But you can use the 975 which was also official from VZW.
    01-30-11 09:42 PM
    I have never used quicklaunch before. I went to set it up and added compose sms. When I click on it I kind of get a blank screen and then goes back to home screen? Am I missing something?
    01-30-11 09:46 PM
    I have never used quicklaunch before. I went to set it up and added compose sms. When I click on it I kind of get a blank screen and then goes back to home screen? Am I missing something?
    When you add an item to QL , all you have to do is select it and it should open. I have SMS set up and a blank SMS screen comes up with a place for me to type a name (or Number) and the message.
    You are NOT seeing that? That's not right.
    01-31-11 06:22 AM
    I think OS 6 is much improved over 5. Being able to scroll to the top and click and have all the options including alarm and connection settings is a great shortcut. I used a device with OS5 while my BB was being fixed and it just left much to be desired after using OS 6.
    01-31-11 06:47 AM
    I'm not so techy as others, but what I did was plug into my DM, made a backup (just in case) and go to the "app loader" menu. After it went through it's paces it gave me the option to downgrade. I chose downgrade and it verified that I wanted the .975 and it reloaded that. Phone is back to OS 5 including all of my 3rd party apps.
    lunghd_2 likes this.
    01-31-11 01:00 PM
    I first heard of the version from here at CB.com
    I read a few posts before dl'ing; and then decided to do an OTA update. It couldn't have gone smoother.

I know some of the issues people are frustrated by a few things but most of those can be avoided by being patient and not rushing to download before preparing for an update. (ie, having a backup etc.)

The little things like Ring Tones and themes are items which will have an abundance of choice very soon.

I admit it takes a little while to get used to OS6, but again, that is to be expected. I enjoy the streamlined apps and screens etc.

I also admit if someone new came to this forum looking for some information on OS 6, he would be a little taken aback by all the negative posts and might be scared away. But once you know who the trusted users are here in this forum, you see that OS 6 is the way to go. Just remember, be patient and BB will show you the way!

01-31-11 01:13 PM
    I am getting acquainted w new OS6 but need to know how to do a text search within memo pad or calendar entry. I can only search the titles.

01-31-11 01:17 PM
    Well said. Enjoy BB6 and welcome to Crackberry.
    Do you know how to delete a picture on BBM with the NEW os 6..
    02-01-11 11:13 AM
    Do you know how to delete a picture on BBM with the NEW os 6..
    Hi Weaver,
    If you receive a picture through BBM with a contact, it will be on your storage card (assuming you have one) in the picture library. Just navigate there and delete it.

Same as before.
    Does this help?
    If you belong to a bbm group, set your options to store pictures- never and then you won't have all the group's photos building up on your card.
    02-01-11 01:10 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD