07-14-10 01:39 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    I was having the same Cal sync problem - this worked immediately.

Hey everyone,

I had the same problem but was able to find a simple solution -- The problem is due to having mutiple email accounts in your blackberry, but the default service selected (in your blackberry) doesn't match that which your desktop manager is reading from.

Solution = In your Blackberry Device go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services

Change the Calandar option to the other email address that you have in there (if more than one, you may have to try this a couple of times). Once that's done, connect your device, run the synch, and you'll be all set.

Let me know if you are still stuck.
    09-12-09 02:16 PM
    Hey everyone,

I had the same problem but was able to find a simple solution -- The problem is due to having mutiple email accounts in your blackberry, but the default service selected (in your blackberry) doesn't match that which your desktop manager is reading from.

Solution = In your Blackberry Device go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services

Change the Calandar option to the other email address that you have in there (if more than one, you may have to try this a couple of times). Once that's done, connect your device, run the synch, and you'll be all set.

Let me know if you are still stuck.
    Bingo. I was having the exact same problem as the OP. It is over a year later, but on my storm it started to refuse to try and sync the calendar. Somehow by default calendar had been set to facebook. I changed it back to my primary email and now everything is great. Thanks.
    11-24-09 08:17 AM
    Good Morning

What if none of the calendar entries are linked to an email address???? How do I reset this?

In addition, on my address book I have 2 of the same email addresses linked to my address entries. However, the one that it is choosing to sync with is the one that has no entries. Any ideas on how to fix this??
    12-15-09 07:16 AM
    The thread was helpful, I changed the default setting back to the main email account. I was then able to sync the calendar. I only sync my calendar with one computer. So what causes the color coding, what causes the default email to change and why do all of my re-occuring appointments get deleted? This is the 2nd time in 6 months that this has happened. I don't want to loose the re-orruring appointments!
    01-05-10 01:20 PM
    Storm 9530
    Verizon
    All updated
    Vista on PC, Outlook 2007

All outlook features sync'd ok, tasks and all, then one day the calendar won't update either way. Tried reseting configuration, no luck. Previous methods including several restores did not solve it, where it had several times before. (yes this is not the first time it has failed). So tried deleting intelisync folders, no success. BB site was no help, tried each of the simple resets it suggested, and now i can't get it to re sync the calendar at all. I don't know what to try next. MAybe a Droid?
    01-20-10 11:48 PM
    I tried everything suggested in the forums but it took 3 it techs working with me to solve it. You have to have the default calendar in outlook and on the blackberry set to the same calendar. I uninstalled the desktop manager and installed the lastest version fromthe blackberry website and unintstalled thephone software and installed the latest version from my carrier's site for my phone make and model. Still did not solve it. In Outlook go to tools, then go to account settings, then go to the email tab, note the account set as the default account setting. Then go the the blackberry. Go to the main screen, push the blackberry button, click on options, click on advanced, click on default services, note the email account set as the default setting, highlight it, click it, and pick the email account that matches the default email set in outlook. Retry the synch and the calendar should synch. Mine did. Pay attention when you add new appointsments to the blackberry that you have chosen the outlook default email.
    Hope this helps.
    06-22-10 09:01 PM
    Working this very same issue, sync worked friday, didn't work monday! No understanding as to why, but I FINALLY got my to work (its weds)!!

I have done security wipes & tried a one was sync, no dice.
    Restore to friday's back up & re-sync, no dice.

Things I did that MAY have contributed to fixing things:

on BB (9550):

Options>Advanced Options>Service Book: Deleted ALL my email accounts. (I had a Yahoo & a gmail). So now, Default Services is blank!

I logged into my BB Facebook & turned off that calendar (Doubt that mattered, but why not mention it)

on BB Desktop Manager (5.0.1.37):

Synchronize>Configure\Synchronization> Reset configuration
    (Deleted foler: "C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync")

(Did backup, just in case prior to this next step)
    Backup and Restore> Advanced> Device databases (on RHS of window)
    scroll down to Calendar, highlight "Calendar - All", press Clear.
    highlight "Claendar Option", press Clear.

Now I have what is a clean calendar on my BB & no additional email accounts cluttering $hit up!

Synchronize> Configure\Synchronization>Synchronization>Calendar >Setup>
    Desktop Application: Microsoft Outlook
    Synchronization options:One way sync TO Device (Did not replace all data in target)
    MS Outlook options for Calendar:
    Default Outlook Profile
    Transfer items within a range of 1 day prior, 1 day after
    FINISH

Now do a Sync. I kept growing the day range, first a day after, until I felt confident there were no screwy calendar items in my outlook. Then I went backward as far as I needed. I am now up to 30 days prior, & 180 days after. Seems to be working. Even if this isn't the FULL solution, the expanding of the sync range would help to determine where in your calendar you are having issues with an appointment.

Good Luck!
    07-14-10 01:39 PM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD