07-14-10 02:39 PM
82 1234
tools
    Hey all

I really need some help. I was able to syn calender in outlook with bb util last week. Now when I syn I get an error message that an unknown error has occured. I am able to syn address book and task list.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted the RIM folder, done what black berry support suggested. They told me that I have a corrupted PSt file. I don't think this is true because nothing is wrong with email.

I am to the point of no return. I have done everything I know to do and then some.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    01-22-09 12:23 PM
    sscoggin,

I have had that problem a couple of times in the past. I have found it happens when there is an attachment linked to a calendar item in outlook. This usually happens when someone sends me an invite through e-mail that automatically posts to my calendar. Here is the solution that I have found that works:

1. delete the item from your calendar that you suspect has the attachment linked to it.

2. delete the intellisync folder on your computer. It is located in the following (on vista):

/your_name/Appdata/roaming/research in motion/blackberry

(your_name is the name of the folder your personal documents are in)

3. Try and sync again. The folder will be recreated when you sync. You will need to set up your sync settings again in DM.

Give that a try and see if it works. It is important to fix your calendar before you delete the intellisync folder.

Good luck.
    01-23-09 03:13 AM
    I have a Curve 8330 and Sprint, using Desktop Manager (WinXP). I just had to replace my original Curve and then spent 3 hours with sprint trying to sync the device to my Desktop. To make a long story short...I kept getting an "Intellisync error" as it was syncing my calendar. After updating DM to a more current version (after archiving old dates to shorten the list), and selecting only future items, it synced fine. I now find that if I reconfigure the sync to all items, I get the "unexpected arror" (Intellisync) error message. It only works if I click future items. Does anyone have a fix for this other than attempting to upgreade my device OS (which is 4.3.0.127)? I only have one email address and, as far as I know, no calendar items with an attachment. Thanks
    01-23-09 05:41 AM
    I have been having the same problem with the Storm (9530). I followed the procedure posted here and was able to sync the calendar. Unfortunately, I have also had to remove my second email address as the calendar wouldn't sync unless I removed BOTH the calendar and the email address.

I certainly hope that RIM has a solution to this problem soon as it seems quite archaic to only be able to use one calendar and one email address on this device.

Thougths?
    01-23-09 01:20 PM
    So is this really a RIM problem? has anyone spoken to Blackberry about this? Why would my original device syn OK and suddenly, with a new device it goes haywire and I get this error? UGH-H-H-H!!!!!
    01-23-09 02:20 PM
    I sure would love to get Blackberry on the phone with this one but they do not allow you to call them!
    02-02-09 02:32 PM
    Yup! Sad but true
    02-02-09 06:46 PM
    You may not find this helpful for your situation but I too have all of a sudden had problems synching Outlook Calendar. After much troubleshooting and researching I decided to try using Google Synch as a method to synch my work Outlook Calendar with my Storm (BIS, no BES). I've had it running several days now and it works great, easy and quick to set up, its automagical and ITS WIRELESS (and i don't have BES!). So far I like this method a lot better than using Desktop Manager (DM), which is obviously very buggy and not reliable at the moment. Plus, there's the added bonus of having my calendar online and can share it with my wife so we coordinate appointments, etc. When I get a moment I'm going to look into synching Address Book/Contacts too.
    Last edited by Snake_Plissken; 03-10-09 at 09:14 AM.
    03-10-09 09:12 AM
    Sounds like a great idea. Is it possible to have all contacts in also? How did you go about transferring everything from Outlook to Google? The syncing wirelessly intrigues me! Thanks
    03-11-09 06:00 AM
    I am having this exact same issue with my 8820 and cannot find any help on the AT&T or RIM websites so I'm hoping someone here can help me. I've got 5 email accounts on the device, 4 BIS and 1 BES. The issue is on my office pc, running XP Pro & Office Pro 2003 SP2 with DTM ver. 4.6 and the newly installed BBOS ver 4.5. My office pc is only sync'ing the calendar entries associated with the Desktop account and will not copy the Device Default calendar entries onto the Outlook calendar. I'd like answers to the following questions:

1. Is this a known bug that is being, or has been, addressed with a RIM patch?
    2. If it's already addressed what is the patch and were can I get it?
    3. Is it possible to overcome this bug by using an older version the DTM? I don't seem to have this problem with my home pc which has DTM ver 4.3 (I think) and is running the same OS & Office versions as the office pc.

If I can get around this issue with an older DTM version I have to request admin rights to my pc to do the unistall and new install, which raises questions from IT and Security, so I don't want to go down that road just to test a theory, hence the question.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

8130 Calendar Issue

The 8130 has the new feature of being able to have multiple calendar entries. We have discovered a software glitch that can potentially cause some serious issues for customers trying to synchronized these calendars up with Desktop Manager (or potentially, though untested, with a BES Server).

With the 8130, when creating calendar entries, it will give you the option of what Email Servicebook you want to associate the calendar entry with. This choice made during the creation of the appointment is PERMANENT and cannot be changed later.

By default, the calendar application will show all calendars and so most users may not even notice that they may have multiple ones. However, when synching with DTM, it will only synch over ONE calendar. There is no way to synch over the other calendars that are created other than whichever one that Desktop manager chooses. Unfortunately, in DTM there is no way to choose which calendar is chosen to synch over. So anything created under a different calendar than the one Desktop Manager is synching over will not be synched.

When you look in the Advanced Backup and Restore in DTM, you will see under device databases, a separate listing for the main calendar, and a Calendar All listing for all of the calendar entries combined. So it is either possible to back up just the main calendar, or everything. We have not been able to find any way to manipulate the backups to allow us to combine all of the calendars into one.

When we talked to the customer we were working with that brought this issue to our attention, he claims that everything was set up under one calendar and synching fine, and then at some point, it split all of his entries between two different calendars. The user had the redirector Desktop Service Books installed on the phone and the calendar entries that were synching over were associated with the Desktop Servicebooks. We are not sure if regenerating the encryption key and adding Redirector to the phone did this, however even when we deleted those Desktop Servicebooks, when we tried to synch it would want to delete the calendar entries on the BB associated with it.

We talked to RIM for about an hour this morning trying to get a resolution for this. According to them there isnt one at this time. This is a software glitch. RIM says it should be corrected in their next HHSW update for the 8130. According to RIM, this software is finished and has been submitted to Sprint for the necessary branding and testing. So hopefully we should see it soon. I am thinking that some of the weird calendar problems weve seen where people have lost calendar entries or they are not synching over properly or such are probably being caused by this issue. Once again this is for the 8130 ONLY.
    03-18-09 12:28 PM
    I have spent the last 3 days trying to figure out why all of a sudden my calendar won'y sync with my outlook!

I have windows vista and had NO problem syncing my 8130 with my outlook. All of a sudden is will sync both the address book and the tasks, but not the calendar. I had desktop manager 4.3, but was told by sprint tech support that they have been having problems with that, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the 4.2 service pack 2 and still NO calendar syncing!

HELP
    I was having the same issue. I found this fix and it worked for me, too:

Originally Posted by jonnybrax1181 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I had the same problem but was able to find a simple solution -- The problem is due to having mutiple email accounts in your blackberry, but the default service selected (in your blackberry) doesn't match that which your desktop manager is reading from.

Solution = In your Blackberry Device go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services

Change the Calandar option to the other email address that you have in there (if more than one, you may have to try this a couple of times). Once that's done, connect your device, run the synch, and you'll be all set.

Let me know if you are still stuck.
    03-20-09 02:13 PM
    I was having the same issue. I found this fix and it worked for me, too:

Originally Posted by jonnybrax1181 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I had the same problem but was able to find a simple solution -- The problem is due to having mutiple email accounts in your blackberry, but the default service selected (in your blackberry) doesn't match that which your desktop manager is reading from.

Solution = In your Blackberry Device go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services

Change the Calandar option to the other email address that you have in there (if more than one, you may have to try this a couple of times). Once that's done, connect your device, run the synch, and you'll be all set.

I tried that and it didn't work for me. The problem was that most of my appointments were associated with an eddress other than the one I wanted to use as the default and when I changed the default it did nothing. Then I tried removing the eddress most of the entries were associated with and the calender entries reverted to 'Device Default' which could not be removed or changed. After that I tried deleting all the other eddresses from the device but that didn't do anything either. After several iterations I resorted to wiping the data and starting over. As soon as the device loaded the copy books for all eddresses I immediately selected the default account for both CICAL and CMIME. Once that was saved I sync'd with the home PC, which worked perfectly, and then successfully sync'd with the office computer; it has been working for the past two days through multiple syncs.
    Last edited by sarosa; 03-21-09 at 01:32 AM.
    03-21-09 01:27 AM
    I had similar problem with Bold on ATT -- I asked "what changed?" and remembered updating Facebook app. mid week - about same time as my Calendar synch went away.

I removed Facebook (through Desktop Manager) and I am calendar synching again! (This may be coincidence, it may be a lot of "hooks" in FB app.) I also wiped my calendar and reloaded all enrties by doing an OUTLOOK >> CALENDAR in BLACKBERRY and followed with synch. I seem to be OK.

For now I will check FB through my opera Browser

Good luck - it is frustrating.
    05-16-09 08:57 AM
    Hey everyone,

not sure how i came upon this thread but this worked for me!!!
    yay finally!
    05-17-09 09:15 PM
    I was having the same issue. I tried leaving just a single email address with Cical, I removed everything Facebook, reinstalled DM, you name it. Here is the trick that worked from another thread:

Options>Advance Options>Service Books ... Remove ALL email addresses with CICAL after them.

I just tried it and it seems to work!
    05-30-09 10:58 PM
    I just fixed my problem after following the directions listed with the following exception; I needed to:
    "Delete all the [CICAL] service books (one per email account). " Until I did this, the problem continued to exist.
    IMAC thanks for that...its what got me working again...had to delete all cical, leaving one doesnt work!
    06-10-09 05:41 PM
    worked for me too!
    07-02-09 09:00 AM
    Hey everyone,

Oh my God, thank you so much. This worked perfectly and its fixed. I was about to lose my mind!
    07-06-09 10:31 PM
    Hey everyone,

This worked for me, I had installed Facebook and it was the default email. After I changed this my mail started working again.
    07-07-09 08:50 PM
    I have the same exact problem, except I'm on Verizon.
    Address book syncs, but not the Outlook calendar.
    I've tried everything on this thread, and some from other websites.
    Now what?

Please help. Calendar Sync was the main reason I moved from a phone to a BB.

Thanks!!
    cc
    07-13-09 01:03 PM
    Do you have Facebook installed on your pearl?
    I was having this same issue... and called Verizon... here's the instructions I got... and it worked great for me...

Go to your phones Options>Advacned Options>Service Book> look for (cical) reference... mine was set to Facebook...

They had me highlight that... then delete it... and all works great!

I also opened facebook on my phone... Blackberry Button>Options>(unchecked) BlackBerry Calendar Application

Hope that helps.

av
    07-14-09 01:53 PM
    How did this get fixed. I have the same exact problem. Upgraded the firmware and couldn't synch afterwards. Going to uninstall outlook and reinstall.
    07-15-09 11:21 PM
    lilvis:
    what's a "Blackberry button"?
    My screen has an "Options" icon, but nothing marked BB.
    Thanks!
    07-16-09 06:25 PM
    I had the same problem w/ my calendar suddenly deciding not to synch...made sure it was set up for the right email account and service but nothint. Here's what fixed it for me:

Main menu => Options => Advanced Options => Host Routing Table => then press your 'options' button (left of the trackball) and a menu should pop up with the option of 'Register Now'. Select this and the 8130 will 'register your unit with the carrier'.

After the unit says 'registration sent', go ahead and power down, remove the battery for 1min and reinsert. Once you are completely powered up (takes 2 min) again, reconnect to the PC and run desktop manager.

This worked for me and the calendar is synching just fine again.
    07-27-09 11:01 AM
    I had the same problem w/ my calendar suddenly deciding not to synch...made sure it was set up for the right email account and service but nothint. Here's what fixed it for me:

Main menu => Options => Advanced Options => Host Routing Table => then press your 'options' button (left of the trackball) and a menu should pop up with the option of 'Register Now'. Select this and the 8130 will 'register your unit with the carrier'.

After the unit says 'registration sent', go ahead and power down, remove the battery for 1min and reinsert. Once you are completely powered up (takes 2 min) again, reconnect to the PC and run desktop manager.

This worked for me and the calendar is synching just fine again.
    I have an 8330 curve, and had tried everything else in the thread and was totally skeptical that the Host Routing Table "register" could possibly fix my calendar sync problem, but it did!! Amazing! Thanks for the post.
    08-21-09 06:14 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD