07-14-10 01:39 PM
82 1234
tools
    jsanders... sent! if anyone else would like it, please email me @ sean@ragingreptiles.com
    03-12-08 03:53 PM
    lol, so you posted about 60 more.
    03-12-08 03:53 PM
    So no one with the 8130 sprint can sync their calendars now? Thanks for the email... thing is, when I go into this:

When you look in the Advanced Backup and Restore in DTM, you will see under device databases, a separate listing for the main calendar, and a Calendar All listing for all of the calendar entries combined. So it is either possible to back up just the main calendar, or everything. We have not been able to find any way to manipulate the backups to allow us to combine all of the calendars into one.

it only says calendar - all, but I know I have three, cause they are for my three email addresses I have on my BB, all color coded. I only have ever used the one though, that's linked to my outlook - this is why this is so weird...
    03-12-08 03:56 PM
    hey, whatever gets the job done! good luck to all you 8130 users! lol. aside from this issue, i love this phone. i'm sure a patch will be out soon. i was all set to buy my mother one of these, but ****, she hardly knows how to use a computer, she would never be able to figure out the sync probs... i'll wait til they fix this b4 i buy her one. grrr!
    03-12-08 03:59 PM
    if you look at the number of entries in calendar - all and subtract your calender number... that should be the number of entries it's trying to delete. verizon also has the 8130 problem. i got a friend going through the same stuff... wow... my last post i wrote the word h e double hocky stick and it changed it to *** VERY CLEVER CRACKBERRY!!!
    03-12-08 04:01 PM
    i only have one email act. synced w/ my 8130... so it was easy to figure out my prob... i'm sure you have the same prob allyson23. i do have 3 calendar entries in the advanced options...

:-)
    03-12-08 04:08 PM
    thanks, seany, good read. Nobel Prize material!

Allyson, it does deal with your calendar entries being "attached" to different email addresses. This same thing happened to me last week on my device sync as well.

Here is what I did...

a) Make certain Outlook is COMPLETELY up to date. Manually enter any calendar items on the BB which have not been synced over to Outlook.

b) On your BB, look at Calendar > Options > and you will see the different calendars available. Go back to the main calendar page and and press Menu, and you can view the calendars for each email profile. Decide which email profile you want your calendar entries to reside under, and which is your primary email address for this.

c) Go to Options > Advanced > Service Books. Highlight over AND delete the entries for ALL other email addresses other than your PRIMARY email address.

d) Go to Options > Advanced > Default Services, and make sure ONLY the one primary email you desire is listed there.

e) Now, connect your BB to your PC via USB, and open Desktop Manager.

f) Now, with your Outlook completely updated manually, do this:
    1. Connect your BB via USB to your PC, and Open Desktop Manager on your PC.
    2. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced.
    3. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. You won't see anything in the left pane. In the right pane will be the databases currently on your handheld device.
    4. Highlight on the right side your Address Book database (OR your Calendar database) and click the CLEAR button at the bottom of that screen.
    5. After it's finished, close the Backup/Restore window, and check the device to make sure the address book (or Calendar) has properly cleared out.
    6. Now, re-sync the necessary contact (or Calendar information) from Outlook (or your database) and you should be set to go.

g) With all that completed, and your calendar appearing in BB... remove the battery on your BB (powered ON) and reboot the BB. This should resend the Service Books for the other email addresses you had deleted earlier. If you find after an hour they are not back, resend the service books from your carrier BIS site.

h) return to Options > Advanced > Default Services and make sure your primary email is still the default email. You want to leave your primary showing in the screen, and save.

I know this procedure will work, I did it all last week when having the same issue.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by jsanders; 03-12-08 at 04:21 PM.
    03-12-08 04:10 PM
    HAHA, all this talk!!! I just got a phone call from the sprint service center. my NEW 8130 just came in. 3rd one in 3 weeks... haha
    03-12-08 04:18 PM
    AHHHH! I am ******** out! I tried what you said to do - and I got to this point:

6. Now, re-sync the necessary contact (or Calendar information) from Outlook (or your database) and you should be set to go.

and stupidly I cleared out my calendar on my BB - and we're back to the same problem, it won't sync with my outlook. So here i am with no more calendar on my blackberry and I can't sync from outlook...

HELP!
    03-13-08 01:13 PM
    Allyson - I'm sorry to hear this isn't working for you.

I did want to share that I was having similar problems, my blackberry stopped working just this afternoon, and I had synched it this morning! Mine was producing an error message and the Device Manager would shutdown without completing the sync. Thankfully I followed the instructions on here to reset my sync configuration and then when I connected it for the "first sync" again, it actually worked!

Thanks all!

Allyson - I wish you luck, I can understand how frustrating this is!
    03-14-08 01:13 PM
    Allyson - I'm sorry to hear this isn't working for you.

I did want to share that I was having similar problems, my blackberry stopped working just this afternoon, and I had synched it this morning! Mine was producing an error message and the Device Manager would shutdown without completing the sync. Thankfully I followed the instructions on here to reset my sync configuration and then when I connected it for the "first sync" again, it actually worked!

Thanks all!

Allyson - I wish you luck, I can understand how frustrating this is!
    Glad to hear another Verizon user was having the same issue I am. Angelique, I too synced yesterday, the I tried to do it again before I came to work tonight, and DM gave me an error message and shut down. Glad to hear you had success, I will have to try when I get off suty tomorrow morning.

Dan
    03-16-08 08:52 PM
    So I got home a short time ago and followed the procedure to a "T" when I went to sync, DM said it encountered an error and had to close!

So now...

I have no calendar on my 8130, no service books (except the one I kept), and a headache, and I am tired from working all night.... Please help?

Thanks,

Dan
    03-17-08 08:10 AM
    Ok, well through some tense moments, I uninstalled DM completely, no "repair", uninstalled it completely... and downloaded it again from the site.

When the install completed, I one way sync'd to my BB without a problem, backed up again then Sync'd 2 way and it worked.

Whats the deal? Why has this happened all of a sudden? Anyway, happy it worked. Good Luck!

Dan
    03-17-08 09:44 AM
    And here I was thinking I was the only one with this sudden problem! I've had my Pearl for about 6 weeks and no problems, then suddenly couple of days ago, it won't sync the calendar from Outlook. I get an error message and then DTM shuts down. I can sync contacts and tasks, but no calendar even though I could before. I've tried everything I could think of and should have checked here for ideas sooner. I'm going to make some calls in the morning after trying what Jsanders suggests.

I feel your pain Allyson and Verizon has the same issue apparently. I'm one frustrated newbee...
    04-06-08 08:08 PM
    Yay, I had same error and resetting config worked.
    Thanks jsanders!!
    05-27-08 09:50 AM
    i had the same experience. everything was sync'ing just fine and then i noticed that i could color code my appointments by an associated email address. cool i thought. nice option that has finally been added to the platform.

this was the point at which there was no return. i changed one (just one) appointment and the calendar stopped synchronizing.

after reading many posts and becoming more and more convinced that i would never again be able to synchronize my bb and outlook calendar.

i finally deleted all of the ical entries and backed up all of my databases in fear of losing EVERYTHING.

a funny thing happened. i added appointments to my outlook calendar and after synchronizing, the appointment showed up on my bb. i then added an appt on my bb and it showed up in outlook!!!

***update***
    you may need to resend your service books again. if you do this, make sure that you delete all of the cical entries except ONE.

unfortunately, all previous calendar entries were "invisible" to the desk top manager synchronizing software.

i wrote down all my important appointments in my bb and did a data erase. i am hopeful that as long as i maintain just ONE email associated with my calendar, that this very disturning problem does not recur.

i hope this helps everyone that has had th eunfortunate run-in with this huge problem.
    Last edited by onakat; 06-02-08 at 11:26 AM. Reason: update
    06-02-08 10:56 AM
    Hey everyone,

I had the same problem but was able to find a simple solution -- The problem is due to having mutiple email accounts in your blackberry, but the default service selected (in your blackberry) doesn't match that which your desktop manager is reading from.

Solution = In your Blackberry Device go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services

Change the Calandar option to the other email address that you have in there (if more than one, you may have to try this a couple of times). Once that's done, connect your device, run the synch, and you'll be all set.

Let me know if you are still stuck.
    06-30-08 08:16 AM
    I'm having this same problem. I have a BB Curve 8330.

I need help bad.
    06-30-08 02:28 PM
    Thanks to all of you for your posts on this subject. Please please let me know if anyone discovers a solution to this. I have been dealing with this problem for two months on my Verizon Blackberry. No one seems to have a solution but I went from being able to synch my calendar one day and then having the desktop completely ignore my calendar from that moment on. At first it worked to backup, wipe the device, restore, and then synch. After a few times that stopped working too. I now have no way to synch and just backup a lot. Thanks Allyson23 for starting this string.
    07-02-08 11:20 PM
    I have been experiencing the same / similar issue. My calendar was syncing just fine via DTM 4.3 for about a week after purchasing my new 8130, and then mid-last week, the sync would fail on the Calendar. It can sync other functions (address book, memo pad, etc). But, on the Calendar, it will read the Outlook calendar, fail, and give a "Unspecified Error" and hang.

Things I have done to try and remedy:

- Remove the Intellisync folder in the RIM directory
    - Upgrade DTM to 4.5
    - Review all of my Calendar entries for never-ending recurring meeting and events with attachments, and then fix all entries
    - Wipe my BB manually

Nothing I've found on any posts has yet to work. Any help / advice you can offer is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your help!
    07-08-08 10:05 PM
    Hey everyone,

I had the same problem but was able to find a simple solution -- The problem is due to having mutiple email accounts in your blackberry, but the default service selected (in your blackberry) doesn't match that which your desktop manager is reading from.

Solution = In your Blackberry Device go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services

Change the Calandar option to the other email address that you have in there (if more than one, you may have to try this a couple of times). Once that's done, connect your device, run the synch, and you'll be all set.

Let me know if you are still stuck.
    This worked for me. Thanks a lot.
    07-10-08 12:58 PM
    For what it's worth, here's how I solved my issue (posted a couple of days ago):

- Entered all of the "never ending" events, such as BDays and Anniversaries, on my BB manually (which was tedious, but better than not having my Calendar at all...)
    - Deleted all of these events from my Outlook
    - Deleted any event that had an attachment (fortunately, all were in the past)
    - Ran the sync and everything functioned as expected

I've synced a couple of times now, just to make sure, and things look good. Hope this helps!
    07-11-08 04:52 PM
    This is bull****. Sorry that's the only thing that I could think to say at this point, ps I am having the same problem.
    07-23-08 04:54 AM
    I just fixed my problem after following the directions listed with the following exception; I needed to:
    "Delete all the [CICAL] service books (one per email account). " Until I did this, the problem continued to exist.
    07-27-08 07:06 PM
    I'm having the same problem and I know what started mine. I was getting an email from RIM every 30 mins telling me not to delete. I did some research, and found the solution on this site. The solution was to delete the Desktop [CICAL] and this did fix the problem, but it also caused another problem. Now, I can't sync my calendar. I can sync the other 3 items, but not calendar.

I did follow the instructions about changing the default, and this will work. The problem with this is that when I do this, it is trying to duplicate all the events I already have in my phone.

I see a Desktop [CICAL] on my phone now, but for some reason it still won't sync. Can anyone either tell me what to try to get this problem fixed?

Thanks
    Last edited by taylowa; 08-20-08 at 03:18 PM.
    08-20-08 03:16 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD