Hi
    i just restored my contact lists and i got all my contacts back(thank god) but i noticed i had to re-invite some of my contacts again, which is not an issue. But after re-adding them they appear as PIN numbers instead of their name. Can anyone help me with this. its frustrating as i do not know who is who.
    04-26-10 06:42 AM
    First, try either a Battery Pull: Leave your device on, pull the battery out for 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait for your device to boot up... or a soft restart: Hold down the Alt key, then hold down the Right Shift key, then with the other two keys held down press the Del key (Alt + Right Shift + Del), this will start a reboot.
    04-26-10 10:05 AM
    First, try either a Battery Pull: Leave your device on, pull the battery out for 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait for your device to boot up... or a soft restart: Hold down the Alt key, then hold down the Right Shift key, then with the other two keys held down press the Del key (Alt + Right Shift + Del), this will start a reboot.
    I am having the same issue and I just tried your suggestions but neither worked. This is so frustrating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 12:03 PM
    I am having the same issue and I just tried your suggestions but neither worked. This is so frustrating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    A battery pull is the best and a soft restart is just a weak version of a battery pull... so if a full battery pull does not work, then a soft restart will not help either.

What version of BBM do you have loaded on your device???
    04-26-10 12:36 PM
    Hi
    i just restored my contact lists and i got all my contacts back(thank god) but i noticed i had to re-invite some of my contacts again, which is not an issue. But after re-adding them they appear as PIN numbers instead of their name. Can anyone help me with this. its frustrating as i do not know who is who.
    If theese are several PINs.. I mean if its not your whole list.. Delete them for the second time and let THEM to add YOU.. I had the same issue after I did restore.. But i solved it like i said now..
    04-26-10 07:22 PM
    Help! I'm having same problem. I replaced my Bold 9000 with a new Bold 9700. I've backed up my old Bold and restored it to the new one. All the BBM contacts were restored. At first it looked normal but later in the day I noticed that some BB contact names changed into just their PIN number. When I tried to message them, my BBM asked me to reinvite them as they are no longer on my BBM contact list. Those friends of mine also told me that my BBM name has dissapeared from their BBM contact list. So I clicked the re-invite option, I was able to message them again but they are still showing up as PIN number instead of names. So I delete them and re-add them manually. Everything looked ok again with their names coming back. However, a few days later, some of them changed back to just PIN numbers and when I messaged them, my BBM gave me the options to re-invite them again as they were no longer listed as my BBM contact. This happened over and over again.

I thought I might gotten a defective device because my BB also had some issue with reading the media card (it would read the media card at first but once I rebooted the device, it couldnt recognize it. I had to took out the card and put it back in, then it will read again). I replaced the device with a new unit, so far I dont have the media card issue but I'm still having issue with the BBM! What is going on?!?!?! I'm at complete lost. Anyone has heard or experienced the same issue?
    04-28-10 09:11 PM
    I'm having a similar problem but different situation, I added 5 people on my blackberry then a few moments later I got them all on my contact (which I thought they've accepted my request) but 3 of them appeared with no pictures and names, they appear as their pin numbers only in my contact instead of name and picture. How could that happen?
    07-07-13 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD