For about a week now my blackberry messenger will not open. When I click on it nothing happens. I tried moving the icon around but it did not help. I tried removing the battery and replacing it but it stayed the same. I then went to the applications list and deleted the bbm application. I then reinstalled bbm from the internet. However although the loading completed, it never asked me to restart the handheld and just froze on that screen unless I restarted it. When I restarted it myself it appears to have installed as the icon is now visible and yet it still won't open! Its so frustrating and I'm not sure what to do. Any advice? Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 06:23 PM
    Did you try uninstalling it and re-installing again ?

Don't forget to take a backup before you do that
    01-04-10 09:50 PM
    Yeah I have tried that. I backed up my contacts a while ago while it was still working but couldn't do it before deleting because I couldn't actually open the application to back them up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 07:53 PM
    I'm currently havig this EXACT same issue. My messenger stopped working last wednesday. My phone company told me i had to take it to a repair store to have it "formally" diagnosed as a defect, in order to get a new phone for free.
    04-22-10 09:38 AM
    i would just keep trying to delete and reinstall.
    04-23-10 04:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD