07-17-12 03:01 AM
84 ... 234
tools
    Some posters seem to think that the solution to no BBM contacts is to get new friends that have BBM (and presumably a new spouse and family too). What's the point of a communication system that doesn't let me communicate with the people I want to communicate with.
    ok, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who found the suggestions that dwindling BBM contacts simply be replaced with new friends on the right messaging system - downright weird.
    phonejunky, notfanboy and ADGrant like this.
    07-12-12 12:48 AM
    I think it depends on how you view BBM. If it is to keep in contact with close friends, then the suggestion to get new contacts would not make sense. However, if you view it as a social platform just like RIM is trying to position it, then the suggestion is reasonable.

One of the cinemas in Barbados uses BBM, specifically the Group option, to keep their customers up to date on new movies, promotions, etc. I think is possible for RIM to generate revenue if they allowed a listing of BBM groups and have official groups pay for the privilege of the official stamp and the ability to have unlimited members. unofficial groups could be free but limited to the 30 members. All groups should have the choice whether they want to make their group private but the default should be listed.
    07-12-12 07:20 AM
    Pretty soon I'll be talking to myself.
    Had 30 contacts for ages, now its less then 10 as everyone's switched platforms.

Anyone experiencing this?
    Why don't you use the Blackberry forums to make new BBM friends?
    07-12-12 07:57 AM

Too many perverts using it. Can't see one thread on BBM forums without the pervert posts.

Deleted BBM and made better use of the free memory.

BBM is dead in the US private sector and dieing fast in the corporate world as well.

Gee, they just now thought of adding video to it?
    Slow is still slow. RIM is still way behind the pack.
    Tim
    07-12-12 08:24 AM
    What I find annoying is that, after all of my BBM contacts (family and friends, no perverts) dumped the platform, and after I consequently deleted BBM, every other app I download pushes its BBM connectivity when I install it.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-12-12 09:09 AM
    Presumably because he is happy with his current friends.
    07-13-12 03:22 PM
    I have enough BBM contacts. It helps to be in an active group because we are always chatting.
    07-13-12 05:32 PM
    I added 3 more friends today.
    07-17-12 12:01 AM
    I never had one.
    07-17-12 03:01 AM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD