I downloaded the new bbm 5.0 and restarted my phone and now my bbm icon is no where to be found. The bbm 5.0 is still listed in my applications list though. Any ideas?????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 12:32 PM
    you might have to reload the messenger using the dm again. lets see what others have to say first...
    07-22-09 12:34 PM
    I downloaded the new bbm 5.0 and restarted my phone and now my bbm icon is no where to be found. The bbm 5.0 is still listed in my applications list though. Any ideas?????

it should be where the older version was at...
    have you searched into all your folders?
    if you still can't find it... i suggest you ask someone else to send you a BBM message and just see where its at...
    good luck
    07-25-09 04:45 AM
    This is common with bbm5. You may need to delete and re-install using dm as mentioned above.

07-25-09 09:38 AM
    This is common with bbm5. You may need to delete and re-install using dm as mentioned above.

Where can you download the files to load using DM?
    08-17-10 08:23 PM
    This happened to me as well. Unfortunately for me though, I have a Mac and I can't use the Mac version of the DM to install the BBM.

So I deleted BBM using my DM and downloaded the software again through my phone and I still don't see the icon

Please let me know if you find a solution.
    08-17-10 09:20 PM
    are you sure it isnt in the Instant Messaging or Downloads folder?
    08-18-10 05:30 AM
    are you sure it isnt in the Instant Messaging or Downloads folder?
    I don't have these folders. And, no, they aren't hidden
    08-18-10 12:09 PM
    This happened to me as well. Unfortunately for me though, I have a Mac and I can't use the Mac version of the DM to install the BBM.

So I deleted BBM using my DM and downloaded the software again through my phone and I still don't see the icon

Please let me know if you find a solution.
    Yeah, I uninstalled it, rebooted my phone, and reinstalled from the App Store and I still don't have it. Hey RIM, ever think of TESTING an app before releasing it?
    08-18-10 12:11 PM
    OK, this is what I just tried:

1. Uninstall BBM via Options > Advanced Options > Applications
    2. Connect my Berry to my PC. Turn on Media Card Support
    3. Browse to the following folder <Drive Letter>:\App_World\Downloads\<Your PIN>\
    4. Delete the BBM Folder
    5. Reboot
    6. On my PC, browse to BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger – BBM an Instant Messaging App
    7. Click the "Download BBM" icon. When prompted, I entered the email address I use on my Berry
    8. Go to the email on your berry and go through the links to download. The size will be significantly smaller (under 3MB for American English).
    9 Rebooted after install

Guess what ... STILL NO ICON!
    08-18-10 12:52 PM
    Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?
    08-24-10 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD