Hey Guys!
    I'm sure this question has been asked and answered thousands of times now but I couldn't find a suitable answer. I am on Vodafone UK with a Blackberry email Plan but I still pay for the internet usage so Is my BBM free to use or will I have to pay?
    08-08-10 08:02 AM
    Can someone please answer this or give me a link to the answer. I really want to use the BBM but only if its free on my email data plan.
    08-08-10 09:15 AM
    You can ask your carrier ( service provider ) coz every carrier have their own policy and regulations
    08-08-10 12:07 PM
    Okay I'll do that. Thanks for the reply
    08-08-10 12:43 PM
    Okay I'll do that. Thanks for the reply
    Sorry I wasn't much of a help to you . . . but we don't want to give you false information and you end up paying for using BBM by the end of the month
    08-08-10 01:03 PM
    Ya bbm just uses data, its an app like aim and yahoo messenger they all use your data plan and no txt messages are charged. You can bbm till your heart gives out as long as you have unlimited data. If you have capped data then you just need to watch your usage as you would with usual data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 01:17 PM
    Thanks very much to the both of you. I don't know if I have unlimited so i shall go into my local vodafone and find out. Thanks again
    08-08-10 01:25 PM
    Thanks very much to the both of you. I don't know if I have unlimited so i shall go into my local vodafone and find out. Thanks again
    you're welcome ;D
    08-08-10 02:40 PM
    BBM comes when youre service provider gives you a data plan.
    08-08-10 11:47 PM
    Hi,i know wifi is a different source of data transfer so the carrier cant charge you for it. Im confused about the BBM though...Is BBM free when connected to wi-fi AND your wireless network at the SAME time or do you have to turn off your wireless network and be ONLY logged on onto wi-fi in order for it to be free?

thankss
    08-09-10 09:48 AM
    As other people have said there are differences between carriers..
    In spite of this I can say that BBM only works if you have a data plan. If your data plan includes unlimited data use, the you dont need to use it via WiFi.
    In my country BBM does NOT work via WiFi. Its the only service that requires me to make use of the data plan. WiFi works for MSN, browsing, etc.
    My feeling is that as BBM is a BB service it requires to make use of the data plan.

But please dont take my word, phone your carrier and ask !
    08-09-10 10:18 AM
    Yes, i know. i have a 200MB data plan and im using wifi. so if im logged on onto BBM via wifi and at the same time on my wireless network, would that be free? or do i need to logg off from my wireless network and only logg on to wifi for it to be free? what do you think?
    08-09-10 08:23 PM
    absoletly free!!! if you have a plan.. ;-)
    08-09-10 08:52 PM
    sweet by the way would you know by any chance how many bbms can i send&receive with a 200MB plan? if i dont use it for any other internet services only BBM?

thank you :-)
    08-09-10 10:28 PM
    sweet by the way would you know by any chance how many bbms can i send&receive with a 200MB plan? if i dont use it for any other internet services only BBM?

thank you
    08-09-10 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD