I just recently updated the OS on my BB and it was an official update not a leaked one and since the update when I'm listening to music whenever I get any alert from text or a bbm...the music stops and this is soooo annoying! My blackberry never did this before I tried rebooting the phone and nothing works except if I change the sound profile to Silent but that gets annoying. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

The same thing happens when I'm watching a video too...it stops when I receive an alert.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 11:10 PM
    This is normal behavior for any OS I've ever had. Maybe revert back to the previous version that didn't have this problem? I don't believe there are any settings you can adjust that would change this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 01:56 AM
    i had this happen on an old 8900 OS, but never found much mention by others. what seemed to fix it would be to format the media card, and reload the data. (a real pain on an 8GB card.) ran that OS for several months, but only had to do this three times if i recall correctly. could never identify the cause, and it seemed it could be a crazy combination of circumstances.

i use custom ringtones for all alerts, and one thing i began doing that might have helped is to move them onto device memory. i'm no expert, but i can convince myself that makes sense and is perfectly logical.
    06-30-10 06:08 AM
    my storm and storm 2 used to always pause the music and play the alert but when i got my 9700 (running the original OS so far) it either plays the alert with the music or plays it though my headphones or though the speaker but never pauses the music, thats one thing i really like about this phone because i use my phone as my MP3 player all the time and i text alot and it used to drive me nuts when it would stop the music to play my ringtone
    06-30-10 09:40 PM