I use my blackberry for music and have been quite pleased to just carry one device. Since the upgrade to OS6, I think the music player has only gotten better except for one error - mixed-up album artwork. I have a few "greatest hits" collections on my 9650 but now all of them have the same artwork associated with them, Motley Crue. So Tom Petty, Foo Fighters, Monster Magnet, Bob Seger and others all have Motley's artwork.

It's related to the album title "greatest hits" because other that say "greatest hits" but contain other words in the title are fine. Before on OS5, all the files were correct. I use Media Monkey to attach the data to each file, so these artwork images aren't pulled from a single folder, but the file itself.

Is anyone having similar issues? Any ideas for a fix? I haven't reloaded the music yet but wanted to see if there was a fix prior to doing so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 12:21 PM
    Yes, me too. What I had to do was edit the tag info, creating a new variation of Greatest Hits for each album AIhave with that title. I used Hits, Gr. Hits, Best, etc.
    06-20-11 04:43 AM
    I have the same problem with anything named Greatest Hits. I had another odd problem that I have no explanation for -- Jimi Hendrix's Are You Experienced album showed up on my BB with the artwork for a CD called "What, Me Experienced?" by some doofus named Gomer Hendrix. I kid you not.

Another problem I have is that I have Playlists where the songs' album artwork is blank, although if you call up those same songs via Songs or Albums, the album artwork is there. I can't figure that one out.
    07-07-11 09:27 AM