Hi all

I've search ad infinitum around this issue of managing multiple calendars and I'm just so confused that maybe some kind soul can help me out.

I'm running BIS and have three email addresses configured. I don't want multiple calendars since I sync with Outlook and switching the default calendar three times and doing multiple syncs every time I want to sync is never going to work for me. So after googling, I deleted the CICALs for two of the email addresses. I mistakenly thought this meant that future meeting requests would automatically go the remaining one (which is set as default).

But of course, they don't. If I get a meeting request sent to one of the other email addresses, it simply appears as 'Device default' and actually does not allow me to accept or decline it or anything. So I can't even do the 'MOVE' trick that I keep reading about since it isn't ever entered to the default calendar, the meeting request just sits there dumbly in my messages.

So how can I manage my calendar(s)? In essence I may get meeting requests from three different email addresses and I want any that are accepted to appear in my Outlook calendar whenever I sync my BB. It doesn't seem like a lot to ask, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks for any help
    04-27-11 08:17 AM
    Hmm. I have always deleted my extra CICAL service books in favor of keeping everything in one place.

Based on what you're describing, I'm wondering whether you couldn't resend the service books and restore the deleted CICALs, then prior to each sync do the MOVE to get everything onto your default calendar? I've never considered that as an option because, like you, I can't stand having multiple calendars. But that might just do the trick for getting you the desired result. Kludgy, for sure, but I'd give it a whirl and see if it works.
    wibble-the-womble likes this.
    04-27-11 08:53 AM
    Hmmm.... I hadn't thought of that. It's not elegant, is it, but it's better than what I have now which is a bunch of meeting requests to which I cannot respond.

I'll give that a go now and see if anyone else has any ideas.

For example, is there any way to intercept the incoming meeting request and divert it to the 'main' email address?
    04-27-11 09:06 AM
    Hmmm.... I hadn't thought of that. It's not elegant, is it, but it's better than what I have now which is a bunch of meeting requests to which I cannot respond.

I'll give that a go now and see if anyone else has any ideas.

For example, is there any way to intercept the incoming meeting request and divert it to the 'main' email address?
    Yes, it is far from elegant as a solution. Sigh.

I don't know of any way to intercept meeting requests...but I wonder how they would behave if you set up a filter to forward them to your main email instead. That might do the trick too, and would avoid the extra hassle of my proposed work-around.
    04-27-11 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD