I have a storm2 9550 with ATT, I tried everything possible to login onto MSN messenger, but still gives "service not enabled for this handheld"
    Help!!!
    06-05-10 06:19 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)? If not, the native Windows Live Messenger app will not work.
    06-05-10 06:23 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)? If not, the native Windows Live Messenger app will not work.
    I don't think I have it, because I don't carry data plan, Do I need to carry data plan to have BIS?
    06-05-10 08:24 PM
    Yes, BIS stands for BlackBerry Internet Service. If you don't have a data plan on your BlackBerry, then you don't have BIS, and therefore cannot use any internet-based applications like Windows Live Messenger or the Browser.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-05-10 09:03 PM
    I believe you can't even use them through wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 02:46 AM
    I have mine on TMO and I have BIS. I still get the "services not enabled for this device" pop up. I read somewhere here that when the phone is unlocked this messenger will NOT work. My yahoo works so, I don't quite understand it .
    06-06-10 09:20 AM
    How about skype?
    06-09-10 10:24 PM
    How about skype?
    There is no Skype for BlackBerry from AT&T. Only VZW has the Skype for BlackBerry.
    06-09-10 10:27 PM
    I have mine on TMO and I have BIS. I still get the "services not enabled for this device" pop up. I read somewhere here that when the phone is unlocked this messenger will NOT work. My yahoo works so, I don't quite understand it .
    I am having the same issue with my 9550. The phone is unlocked and I have a data plan with T-Mobil but the same error pops up. I can't figure this out. My BB messenger works but not the MSN Messenger. Its driving me nutz!
    07-19-10 03:50 PM
    Chups with this ... No MSN No OS6 Storm2 is very gay
    11-23-10 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD