Of late, there's been numerous hardware related issues with the newer devices from RIM. And you're forced to have a replacement device. Hence, your PIN changes.

What would be the BEST & EASIEST way to move entire BBM Contacts & Groups from your earlier PIN to the new device's PIN ?

In the past, using the "Switch device" feature of the Desktop Software, BBM Contacts are restored but all BBM Groups are lost.

I would be extremely curious to get to know the proper way to doing this. I am sure many out here will also be equally interested.
    02-28-12 03:36 AM
    I always use the back up remotely feature to one or more email addresses, it's flawless, just make sure you restore your emails first to your new phone before you restore bbm from backup. And it's all OTA.
    02-28-12 04:17 AM
    I always use the back up remotely feature to one or more email addresses, it's flawless, just make sure you restore your emails first to your new phone before you restore bbm from backup. And it's all OTA.
    I have the same problem, but I do not understand your solution.
    How to backup them remotely to am email address ?
    How to restore them later from this email ?

Would appreciate the details.
    02-28-12 07:20 AM
    Seriously, do you guys never explore the options in your phone?

Open BBM/press menu button/select options/scroll to Backup Management.
    m.seif likes this.
    02-28-12 07:37 AM
    Seriously, do you guys never explore the options in your phone?

Open BBM/press menu button/select options/scroll to Backup Management.
    Thanks, but yes, some of us do not do that unless face a problem, we sometime do not have the time or energy to do it.
    That is why good friends like you , help us.
    02-28-12 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD