Hey I just came across something I couldn't believe, my friend owns an 8900 and he recently upgraded his bbm and when he let me see his contacts I noticed one of them had an icon that said on the phone and it looked like an official icon, can anyone confirm they have seen the same thing?
    12-28-09 09:46 PM
    Nope. I never have seen this.
    12-28-09 09:53 PM
    You can personalize them though. And they can say whatever you want them to.
    12-28-09 09:55 PM
    Nope. I never have seen this.
    Yeah I was shocked as well....I hope to get more info about it.
    12-28-09 09:55 PM
    You can personalize them though. And they can say whatever you want them to.
    Yeah that I know, but the icon was showing a red phone.
    12-28-09 09:58 PM
    could have been running an older version which had the option of "show when im on the phone"....i didnt see it just now in .57.....but i have seen it in prior releases.
    12-28-09 10:05 PM
    Interesting. I'll have to keep on look out for this.
    12-28-09 10:07 PM
    could have been running an older version which had the option of "show when im on the phone"....i didnt see it just now in .57.....but i have seen it in prior releases.
    Yeah the old versions of bbm had different status selections and I thought she might have had an older version but I don't believe the newer version will show those old status updates usually busy and available or a custom one made by the user, I'll try to get more info on it this really caught my attention.
    12-28-09 10:29 PM
    isn't it weird how it says on the phone..

01-06-10 01:44 AM
    Soo no one ever came across this?
    01-06-10 07:36 PM
    Never noticed this!
    I wonder if it might be because the "show what I'm listening to" checkbox is selected and that's what it will say when you are on the phone???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 07:43 PM
    yes, it has already been answered, multiple times here, that was an option in an older version ( no longer supported) of BBM. why are you ignoring the people who are answering your question.
    01-07-10 12:24 PM
    yes, it has already been answered, multiple times here, that was an option in an older version ( no longer supported) of BBM. why are you ignoring the people who are answering your question.
    I did a search and I didn't come across with an answer.
    But what you don't seem to understand is that this is the newest version of BBM and it still managed to show the "on the phone" status.
    01-07-10 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD