01-19-11 05:19 AM
26 12
tools
    Hi everyone!! I currently owned a BB Storm 2 9520. When I downloaded the BBM to my device, its icon is nowhere to be found. I tried every folder like Instant Messaging, Downloads, Games, etc but still, I cannot find it. I already installed the latest BBM thrice but the icon is still missing. What could be the problem of that icon. Kindly help me.. Thanks!!
    01-03-11 01:36 AM
    Have you checked to see if it's in Appswitcher, resent your service books, or have a BlackBerry data plan with your carrier?
    01-03-11 05:29 AM
    I am having the same issue. Just installed the new 9700 leak. BBM is in my app management and when i go to app world to try downloading BBM it says its installed.. However the icon is nowhere to be seen..
    01-03-11 07:02 PM
    Have you checked to see if it's in Appswitcher, resent your service books, or have a BlackBerry data plan with your carrier?
    Hmm..Appswitcher you mean the App World or the App Center? And how will I resent my service books??
    01-03-11 07:16 PM
    AppSwitcher is holding the BB key on newer devices. That calls up all open apps. BBM would be there if installed and working, even if you can't find the icon on the desktop.

To resend your service books, go to Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table->menu (BB key)->Register Now->OK. You'll get an email confirmation. Wait a minute after receipt, and pull the battery.

If you still are missing it, try installing it again, from the browser. BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger – BBM an Instant Messaging App
    01-03-11 10:41 PM
    AppSwitcher is holding the BB key on newer devices. That calls up all open apps. BBM would be there if installed and working, even if you can't find the icon on the desktop.

To resend your service books, go to Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table->menu (BB key)->Register Now->OK. You'll get an email confirmation. Wait a minute after receipt, and pull the battery.

If you still are missing it, try installing it again, from the browser. BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger – BBM an Instant Messaging App
    Even in AppSwitcher, BBM icon is not available. But i'll try to resent my service books. But first, in the previous post about missing bbm icon, suggesting to do the Options>Application>menu>Edit Permissions>allow all, what I suppose to do first, the latter or the one you instructed me to do. Is it necessary for me to do the latter??
    01-04-11 02:16 AM
    BBM permissions should be preset, but you can certainly check them and make them all "Allow". Does your browser work?
    01-04-11 05:37 AM
    BBM permissions should be preset, but you can certainly check them and make them all "Allow". Does your browser work?
    Yes, it's working. Does it have a connection on the missing bbm icon?
    01-04-11 07:40 PM
    Well i got mine running again...

I didnt have all the modules. Even when uninstalling and installing again it never was a complete file.. what size is your bbm file?

I took bbm off completely and downloaded a fresh version from bb-os .. works fine for me now.
    01-05-11 08:26 AM
    Even in AppSwitcher, BBM icon is not available. But i'll try to resent my service books. But first, in the previous post about missing bbm icon, suggesting to do the Options>Application>menu>Edit Permissions>allow all, what I suppose to do first, the latter or the one you instructed me to do. Is it necessary for me to do the latter??
    Still not working. May BBM Icon is still missing.
    01-17-11 12:44 AM
    What carrier are you on?
    What OS version is on the device?
    What BBM version is installed?
    01-17-11 07:04 AM
    What carrier are you on?
    What OS version is on the device?
    What BBM version is installed?
    What carrier are you on?- Globe Telecom, Asia Pacific
    What OS version on the device?- 5.0.0.202
    What BBM version is installed?-5.0.1.41

Now I am wondering, my unit is an "Engineering Use Only" thing, I think there is some connection with that.
    Last edited by illuvatar87; 01-17-11 at 08:18 PM.
    01-17-11 08:14 PM
    Finally, the nissing piece of the puzzle.

Open up Manage Connections, go to Mobile Network Options, menu, diagnostics test, menu run. See if it shows an connections for BlackBerry. I'll bet you the pin is blocked.
    01-17-11 08:32 PM
    Sometimes it's like pulling eye teeth.

Yeah, that piece of information about the Engineering Use Only device would have been helpful in the original post.
    01-17-11 08:53 PM
    Finally, the nissing piece of the puzzle.

Open up Manage Connections, go to Mobile Network Options, menu, diagnostics test, menu run. See if it shows an connections for BlackBerry. I'll bet you the pin is blocked.
    It doesn't says "blocked" but it says "Abort".
    Even the Blackberry Registration and the Connection
    What does it mean??
    Is there any resolution for this?
    01-17-11 09:54 PM
    Exactly as expected, and not a dang thing you can do but buy a retailed phone. That one was killed by RIM, as almost all engineering devices are.
    01-17-11 10:05 PM
    Exactly as expected, and not a dang thing you can do but buy a retailed phone. That one was killed by RIM, as almost all engineering devices are.
    In other words??

What do you mean by retailed phone??
    What are the disadvantage of this??
    01-17-11 11:47 PM
    That device was never meant for use by the public. It was released to a tester and then somehow is no longer in that person's possession.

You need to purchase a regular device.
    01-18-11 06:18 AM
    That device was never meant for use by the public. It was released to a tester and then somehow is no longer in that person's possession.

You need to purchase a regular device.
    Whoa! Thanks for the encouragement!

Back to the topic, how can I restore the BBM icon??
    01-18-11 09:50 PM
    I thought we'd both been very clear and on topic. How's this:

The only way that icon will appear on your phone, is when you draw it on the screen with crayon.

It's been shut off from BlackBerry exclusive functions. Great dumbphone still, does a lot of cool data apps while in WiFi, superb novelty item. Want BBM, buy a phone with a good pin from the CrackBerry Marketplace, craigslist, eBay, or a carrier.
    01-18-11 10:00 PM
    we have been having this discussion over here too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/engi...e-only-573116/

to the OP, you say your browser works? how? just on wifi? do you have a blackberry data plan?? do you get push emails?

these are important pieces of information we need to help you assess this situation.
    01-18-11 11:10 PM
    If your OS is missing certain COD files the BBM icon will not appear of the phone. You said data is working so i'll assume the PIN is not blocked. Reload the OS and try again.
    01-18-11 11:21 PM
    we have been having this discussion over here too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/engi...e-only-573116/

to the OP, you say your browser works? how? just on wifi? do you have a blackberry data plan?? do you get push emails?

these are important pieces of information we need to help you assess this situation.
    Yes I know..it just happen that I mentioned it there on that topic.

Did my browser work?- Yes
    Just on wifi?- nope
    do you have a blackberry data plan?-yes I have, through my carrier..and its working
    do you get push emails?-sometimes, but yes. I'm not using it regularly.
    Last edited by illuvatar87; 01-19-11 at 01:06 AM.
    01-19-11 12:48 AM
    I thought we'd both been very clear and on topic. How's this:

The only way that icon will appear on your phone, is when you draw it on the screen with crayon.

It's been shut off from BlackBerry exclusive functions. Great dumbphone still, does a lot of cool data apps while in WiFi, superb novelty item. Want BBM, buy a phone with a good pin from the CrackBerry Marketplace, craigslist, eBay, or a carrier.
    Oh yeah?

How about this:

If it is been shut off from BlackBerry exclusive function, then why do I have it?

I do not want to argue here, I just want a resolution as a "CONSUMER" of a BlackBerry device. That is why I'm here, that is why I posted this.

Now that I have it, I want a resolution because I want to make full use of this device and I do not want to dispose this device just for a "missing BBM icon" thing in which I think, is very shallow.

All of the features are working, except that the icon is missing..
    Last edited by illuvatar87; 01-19-11 at 01:07 AM.
    01-19-11 12:55 AM
    then the best thing to do is wipe it and start fresh. i wonder if there is some IT policy that may be in effect still thats preventing BBM access.
    01-19-11 03:49 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD