View Poll Results: MINIMUM NUMBER OF POSTS REQUIRED BEFORE ALLOWING BBM GROUP CREATION

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it as it is i.e. 0 posts

3 6.38%
  • Require 10 posts before BBM group creation is allowed

0 0%
  • Require 25 posts before BBM group creation is allowed

15 31.91%
  • Require 100 posts before BBM group creation is allowed

23 48.94%
  • Added: Require 50 Posts before BBM Group creation is allowed

6 12.77%
03-08-11 08:14 PM
55 123
tools
    I think they should just be forced to powt in a single forum. Let them free reign there. If they post these threads in any other forum at all delete them immediately without explanation and with notification. Give the others the ability to report for "BB Group posted in incorrect forum" to help the mods a bit, and take this sub forum out of search indexing much like the Off Topic is.
    03-08-11 03:18 PM
    For what it's worth coming from a Newbie, lurking around for a few months now. I started using this site to get info about what my phone could do and I have learned a lot. Thank you everyone! I was very forum specific, but now as I have spread my wings "so to speak" and searching around more, I to have become frustrated with having to weed through BBM posts looking for useful info in the new posts. I believe a vast majority of the members come here to have a problem solved or to assist in solving that problem, not to see which BBM group they can join today!
    Again, thanks everyone for your help and I hope to be able to contribute in the future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 03:34 PM
    I think 1 month membership plus 100 posts will prove a bit draconian. BBM Groups have a place and clearly fulfil a need so I do not want to stop them being created entirely.

I actually am coming down to thinking that 1 month plus 10 - 25 posts and only in the BBM forums (which should not count towards posts) will do the trick.

Additionally if the BBM Groups are stopped from showing up in the New Posts, Today's Posts and Today's BB Posts search criteria then I think the look and readability of our pages will be greatly improved.

In other words, if you want BBM Groups, go to the BBM / PIN sharing forum.

I agree completely. I originally voted for 25 posts before the idea of 1 month membership even came up since I figured it actually wouldn't take too high of a hurdle to prevent the enthusiastic BBM 1-timers from posting so often. A month + 100 posts might actually end up turning off legitimate users who also happen to want to start or join a BBM group (could be about who knows what, maybe even something other than Sexy Singles).

I also think you're right in saying that BBM groups do have a place but that it's the misplaced posts/threads that cause a lot of the collective frustration here. I don't really care if someone wants to connect with others for whatever reason through BBM -- it's definitely a great aspect of BBs and groups are a cool, unique feature of BBM, so I have no problem with BBM groups; it's the volume of posts that are everywhere except the social forums that's frustrating to me. I simply don't want to see it. If I'm interested in a BBM group, I know to search the social forums; in fact, soon after joining CB I thought it was great that BBM groups were available through CB and I found a BBM group for Writers that I was a member of for a few months -- so groups definitely can have legit appeal and legit potential to CB users in addition to all the other types of groups that have been mentioned here .

Along with everyone else here, I'll defiitely be interested in ultimately hearing Kevin's ideas about how to handle it and guide BBM posts into the correct forum.
    03-08-11 03:40 PM
    I think they should just be forced to post in a single forum. Give them free reign there. If they post these types of threads in any other forum at all delete them immediately without explanation and without notification. Give the others the ability to report for "BB Group posted in incorrect forum" to help the mods a bit, and take this sub forum out of search indexing much like the Off Topic is.
    Wow, my typing is horrible, and my grammar. All I can say wtf........
    03-08-11 04:42 PM
    While new here, i think that this is an excellent idea. 25 is a good starting point, and since the "social forums" don't up your count it makes people participate.
    03-08-11 08:14 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD