BB 9800 Torch OS 6.0.0.246
    Using Messenger 'Scan a Group Barcode' function.
    QR Code is recognised (by a beep) but nothing else happens!
    Anyone know why?
    12-22-10 10:45 AM
    I think I'd show it to someone at my carrier's store and ask them about it since a QR scan should definitely make something happen. Maybe it's just a setting somewhere that they could check for you. You might also try downloading ScanLife or some other scanner app to see if that works correctly -- then at least you'd be able to narrow in on the problem.
    12-31-10 12:32 AM
    I've got a similar problem on my 9000. I'm running 5.0.0.1036. and BBM 5.0.1.41,

When I try to scan QR codes in magazines, or on the internet I get the little tutorial animation and then the camera view pops up.

No matter how long I hover over the code with the camera it does not do anything.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled bbm via appworld.

battery pulls.

don't know what to try next. I can't seem to find anything on here using search.

Crackberry Nation... Engage.
    02-05-11 07:42 PM
    I have a 9650 running 5.0.0.975. Using BBM v5.0.1.41, I scanned the QR code in the wikipedia entry for QR codes. That's a good sample for you to try that others can easily duplicate.

Forgive my ignorance, but does the 9000 camera autofocus? That's probably a requirement for reading the code correctly.
    02-05-11 08:57 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but does the 9000 camera autofocus? That's probably a requirement for reading the code correctly.
    The QR scan feature used to work on this device. I forget how long ago and with which combination of OS and BBM version I was running.

I suppose I was most interested to see if this is a known issue with this ver of BBM or this combo of OS and BBM.

I couldn't find anythin in search so thought a post might shed some light on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 09:04 PM
    You have the same BBM version as I have. That leaves the OS and the device itself as variables.
    02-05-11 09:19 PM
    You have the same BBM version as I have. That leaves the OS and the device itself as variables.
    That's the sort of input I need.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD