I've recently upgraded to messenger version (5.0.0.33) . A couple of upgrades prior would only handle so much conversation between contacts, and after a point the input box wouldn't show what you were typing but would still send what you had written 'blind'. Then they fixed that issue but got rid of spell check! Now with this version the same problem with conversation limits is occuring and it's very annoying! Am I alone on this one?! Does anyone have any suggestions or do you think it's a case of waiting for another upgrade to become available??
    12-30-09 05:50 AM
    If I'm not mistaking this was the version of the blackberry messenger that was having some of the problems with RIM's servers. So what you need to do is uninstall it from your phone and download the updated version. They should have it on the bookmarks. It's like 5.0.0.37. Yeah, blackberry send out a apology letter to all the service providers telling them to advice there customers to upgrade to that one.
    12-30-09 06:19 AM
    Newest BBM is 5.0.0.57 I would recommend upgrading
    12-30-09 06:25 AM
    thank you for replying! I went to the blackberry site and it's still only offering .33???? Are you looking somewhere else??
    12-30-09 06:33 AM
    thank you for replying! I went to the blackberry site and it's still only offering .33???? Are you looking somewhere else??
    from your device go to mobile.blackberry.com and scroll down to BBM then follow links to download. During the download select "Yes" to prceed with download everytime prompted
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 12-30-09 at 06:40 AM.
    12-30-09 06:37 AM
    thank you...i will try, but i just had a look at other posts and someone else is having the same problem and someone commented saying even .57 has the same issue...is yours definitely ok? i've only noticed if the conversations a long one...
    12-30-09 06:45 AM
    thank you...i will try, but i just had a look at other posts and someone else is having the same problem and someone commented saying even .57 has the same issue...is yours definitely ok? i've only noticed if the conversations a long one...
    I too have been coming across several other posts regarding the same issue, however I have not seen it and have been using .57 since day one with zero issues; nor dis I see this issue when I was running .33 or any build up to and including .57
    12-30-09 06:51 AM
    All versions of bbm 5.0 suffer from the blind text bug even .57. I downgraded back to bbm 4.6 today and couldn't be happier.
    12-30-09 06:55 AM
    me again! i've tried via the suggestion you gave for the address, and it's still only offering .33 :-(
    12-30-09 07:09 AM
    me again! i've tried via the suggestion you gave for the address, and it's still only offering .33 :-(
    That is odd! Try hitting refresh from menu at the download screen working for me. Here is a screen shot

Try resending your service books and do a battery pull and try again.
    12-30-09 07:19 AM
    If you have app world on your phone, try downloading it through them. They have the .57 version.
    12-30-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD