I can not get my bb messenger to work at all. I am a newbie and spent 3 hours on this site so far search and trying different options. Here the problem.

I have added two contact's pin numbers, but I can not get them out of pending nor when I send them a message it does not send but save as a draft.

So here is what I have done from the site. I have the ATT 3g mobile plan, the wifi icon is on my home screen. I can search the internet and do downloads with no problem.

I did not have the option to register a personal email from the email set up so I went to the ATT bb website and did it there. I then went to options>advanced>host routing table>register now. It says registration sent but I have no new notices on my phone.

When I click on Messages icon, it says "no message services configured. You will only be able to save as draft". Still no bb messenger! All my top friends have bb messenger need to get this up and running.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advanced for any help!
    06-29-10 11:10 AM
    It sounds like you don't have a BlackBerry Data Plan, do you? It's needed to be able to use BBM. Email and BBM require access to RIM's servers, so a BlackBerry Data Plan is required for them to function.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 11:19 AM
    It sounds like you don't have a BlackBerry Data Plan, do you? It's needed to be able to use BBM. Email and BBM require access to RIM's servers, so a BlackBerry Data Plan is required for them to function.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ATT didn't have me on the blackberry data plan just the standard data plan! thanks for your help i was banging my head against the wall with this messenger!!

Thanks again and if in the US, have a happy 4th!
    06-29-10 02:41 PM
    Glad to help, I'm happy you got it figured out...

I should mention, since Att obviously didn't have a clue, that they now have tiered data plans. You can get 200mb for $14.99, or a 2gb for $24.99. If your generally near a wifi network the cheaper plan will work for you. BBM doesn't use much data and email doesn't either (unless you have many attachments or send many files). It's browsing that uses the most data, whatever works best for you though, 10 bucks a month is like an extra 12 pack of beer though

Also, not that it matters much, but you have an 8320, not an 8330. The 8330 is for Verizon. You can confirm this by going to Options> About. Your device model will be at the very top.

And yes, happy 4th to you too, it's my favorite holiday of the year! Lots of grilling, lots of sun, and even more fireworks
    Last edited by ridesno159; 06-29-10 at 03:06 PM.
    06-29-10 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD