Hi,

I just switched my device to 9700 as the old one's is broken beyond repair.
    I restore the backups through DM, got everything but I can't communicate with any of my contact list in blackberry messenger.
    I then restored my blackberry messenger from the media card, it retrieves everybody (or almost everybody) but there contact list now only displaying their PIN instead of their names. I need to contact them one by one to know who they are.
    Is there anyway I could fix this? or should I re do the restore process differently?

Please help.

Thank you
    06-08-10 09:07 AM
    It takes about 5 minutes for their names to show. Did you reboot after restoring ? ( alt + left aA + del )

see if that helps
    06-08-10 09:50 AM
    Thanks for replying.
    I did rebooted it at some point, not right after restoring though. Reboot again today and still got no names.
    06-08-10 11:48 PM
    Try backing up your BBM contact list then deleting BBM and downloading it again.

To backup > BlackBerry Messenger > press BB menu button > options ( save the BaBkup file into you media card or remotely via Email ).

To Delete BBM > options > applications ( Add-on ) > scroll to BlackBerry Messenger and press the BB menu button > Delete then reboot.

Download BBM from here > http://crackberry.com/blackberry-mes...lable-download then reboot
    06-09-10 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD