I searched for an answer on the forums but I must not be wording it correctly. While in a call if I get a message in BBM I get a beep that interrupts the person on the other side. It it absou-fricking-lutey infuriating trying to have a conversation with this problem. Is there any way to sole this? I looked as best I could but couldn't find an option to shut this off.

Thanks
    11-13-09 05:43 PM
    Might look into profiles, advanced and look at the messenger notification. I don't use your os but there may be a setting there. Or one in messengers options..
    11-13-09 06:56 PM
    Check your sound profile and switch the Notify during calls to Off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 06:56 PM
    In BBM under options check for "Allow on the phone status"
    11-13-09 08:28 PM
    Its not in the BBM options. Its in the sound profiles.

11-13-09 08:30 PM
    I didnt think you could get BBMs while on a call being the voice and data dont simultaneously run on the 8330..
    11-14-09 07:57 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing rachel.....because I would love to get notifications while I'm on the phone

11-14-09 01:04 PM
    Well, the reason I say that, I dont get BBM or emails while on the phone, I thought that was standard, I do get texts but texts are not data..
    11-14-09 02:13 PM
    Well, the reason I say that, I dont get BBM or emails while on the phone, I thought that was standard, I do get texts but texts are not data..
    BBM is not data, but actually goes through the BlackBerry network.

11-14-09 02:47 PM
    Per JeffH...

BBM uses the Data Plan. Here's a guide:

SMS/Text messages - rely on your carrier to be sent, use the contact's phone number, depend on your features that are on your carrier's plan, use your text message allotment.

PIN/BBM Messages - rely on RIM's servers, use the contact's BlackBerry PIN number, are free if you have a data plan, do not use your text message allotment.
    11-14-09 04:45 PM
    Checked in the profiles and there is no notify in calls option. Checked options to see if there was anything about BBM but didn't see anything. I do have berrybuzz and checked there as well but nothing.
    11-19-09 03:32 PM
    Checked in the profiles and there is no notify in calls option. Checked options to see if there was anything about BBM but didn't see anything. I do have berrybuzz and checked there as well but nothing.
    Go to current profile, advance, Blackberry Messenger New Message, then scroll ALL the way to the bottom below "In Holster: setting and you should see "Notify me during Calls".

Same thing for SMS messages.
    12-22-09 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD