Who is to blame when BB messenger is not working for over a week? RIM or the carrier?
    03-23-11 03:25 PM
    Are other BlackBerry features working? like email? I'd contact you're carrier and ask for some money off your bill.

It very well could be RIM's fault, but consumers don't ever deal directly with RIM, so it's on the carriers shoulders then. They are providing the access to RIM's servers for you. So if it's RIM's fault then the carrier needs to deal with it, not you.
    03-23-11 03:41 PM
    Who is to blame when BB messenger is not working for over a week? RIM or the carrier?
    Not sure were you are located. But I too have 9700 with ATT and I have not experienced any problems.

Might want to contact ATT and see if they can walk you through it to try to resolve.
    03-23-11 03:52 PM
    Located in Indiana with ATT also. I will contact them. Just didn't know where to start! Only working....SOMETIMES!! THANXS A LOT
    03-23-11 04:02 PM
    try resending your service books. chances are the problem is with neither at&t or RIM. your device may just be messed up. has it worked before? i assume you have a BB data plan.
    03-23-11 10:17 PM
    Contact your carrier, I did with telus and they reprovisioned my account, correcting BIS's issues. Sometimes these things happen. Don't blame RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD