Love the new messenger 5.0 but...I hate that I have to accept pics and then save to phone. Didn't have to do this with original.

Downloaded the leaked 5.0.0.8 and for a hot minute I was able to view pics sent to me w/o accepting/saving first. I was also able to take/choose a pic, crop it, then send! Loved that!! But then I couldn't do that anymore. Was hoping the new messenger had it but no. Or am I wrong??

Please help!

Platform: 2.7.0.90

Thanks!

Erik
    10-15-09 09:13 AM
    well with the new bbm5 at first i could view the pic without saving but for the second time i ask me to save before see it, i will keep trying but i do prefer to open an later if i like a pic save it
    10-15-09 11:02 AM
    I was wondering the same thing. I am not sure I really like this aspect of it.
    10-15-09 11:21 AM
    i really hate how pictures are handled with the bbm 5 (which I LOVE in so many ways) my friend tried sending me a photo several times but each time I accepted it the download never progressed.......even after an hour. I sent her a few pics and it worked fine for her. Then another time I send a few pics while she was away from her phone and by the time she got my messages she couldn't accept them it said they had expired.
    10-15-09 12:02 PM
    I am having the exact same problem..... I actually deleted my bbm5 and then reloaded it and it works now. but my boyfriends bbm is doing the same thing and he did the same uninstall/reinstall that i did and it did not work for him.

ANYBODY HAVE A FIX?
    10-15-09 12:05 PM
    wow that happened to me too.. when i upgraded it let me do the same viewing as previous version. but today it started up that save-first deal...can a program change midway like that? should i reinstall too?
    10-15-09 12:25 PM
    Yeah. They add so many features - awesome ones, but then they regulate the heck out of them...(RIM, that is.)
    10-15-09 12:36 PM
    i really hate how pictures are handled with the bbm 5 (which I LOVE in so many ways) my friend tried sending me a photo several times but each time I accepted it the download never progressed.......even after an hour. I sent her a few pics and it worked fine for her. Then another time I send a few pics while she was away from her phone and by the time she got my messages she couldn't accept them it said they had expired.
    I've had this happen to me too...both sending and receiving. I'm going to try the uninstall/re-install step and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for chiming in!
    10-15-09 01:33 PM
    I am having the exact same problem..... I actually deleted my bbm5 and then reloaded it and it works now. but my boyfriends bbm is doing the same thing and he did the same uninstall/reinstall that i did and it did not work for him.

ANYBODY HAVE A FIX?
    well that's at least a ray of hope. I'm going to try that and see if that works for me!

Thanks!
    10-15-09 01:35 PM
    Any updates on this MAJOR pain-in-the-*** "feature"?
    I am going to try removing 5.0.0.33 and going back to v4.
    Really RIM... WTF?
    11-02-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD