Hello. Question: I have a contact that has an iPhone for SMS messages and a BBerry that can also send me BBM's. Everytime the person sends me one form of one of those messages, it shows up in both of the boxes with a little phone icon next to the message. I am running 5.0.238, if that helps. I tried to make both of the devices have a different contact display in my address book, but the same thing happened. Ideas??? Thanks!
    11-12-09 09:06 AM
    The very same thing happened to me and I have no clue either. Its obviously an issue with the leaked 5.0 OS and should be fixed with an official release (whenever that comes)
    11-12-09 09:51 AM
    If you remove their pin from their contact info in your address book then their SMS won't go to the BBM icon.
    11-12-09 10:06 AM
    If you remove their pin from their contact info in your address book then their SMS won't go to the BBM icon.
    I'm runnig os 5.0.0.348 and I just tried it...the same thing still happens.

Is this how threaded sms is suppose to be??? Anyone else know how to seperate bbm and sms messages???
    11-12-09 03:55 PM
    I am quite sure this is how its supposed to be.

However, I find it rather irritating.

I am also curious as how to separate the two.
    11-12-09 08:55 PM
    Try highlighting a contact in BBM, click the menu button and select "remove contacts link". Any SMS messages from that contact should only go to the SMS app then, but you will also have limited functionality with that contact within BBM (you won't have the option to call, email, etc. that contact within BBM).
    11-13-09 08:43 AM
    mine shows up with the phone icon instead of the text bubble too and i have unlinked it and still no luck at it. the phone icon shows up in the SMS folder and the chat shows up with both and it's really irritating me.... no luck figuring out how to stop it
    01-11-10 11:45 AM
    Yeah. I having the same issue. One person has an iPhone the other actually has a BB but will sometimes text me instead of BBM me. I don't know what to tell you if you removed their pin though. Try deleting the person's contact info entirely. Reboot your phone and reenter the contact. I would imagine that should fix the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD