So I'm hearing from other cb friends that after installing bbm 5.0 they are noticing memory loss on their blackberries, is anyone else experienceing this. I was also told depending on what links you use it could cause more memory loss or less.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 06:08 PM
    I think BBM5 takes up 2.4MB, so it is very hefty. Not only does is have a large footprint, it will use up additional memory to run.

So far, once running, it doesn't seem to eat a lot more memory. At least I don't notice a lot of leakage.
    10-09-09 07:06 PM
    Ok I wasn't even thinking about that

10-09-09 07:27 PM
    I think BBM5 takes up 2.4MB, so it is very hefty. Not only does is have a large footprint, it will use up additional memory to run.

So far, once running, it doesn't seem to eat a lot more memory. At least I don't notice a lot of leakage.
    Agreed, I have MeterBerry watching it, my memory is cool. However, it is using up a little more battery...
    10-09-09 07:29 PM
    I just checked my memory, 16.1mb free. I did a battery pull and I've now got 33.1mb free.

The only thing I've changed in the last couple of days is BBM 5 has been installed and now my memory drops. It's not really an issue to me as I'm doing a battery pull probably twice a day anyway to swap to my spare battery and back again for charging but there definitely is memory inefficiency there now that there wasn't before.
    10-10-09 11:39 AM
    I have noticed my memory leaks much faster than it did before loading bbn 5. It used to drop 2-3 mb over the course of the day. Now it drops about 7-8 mb each day. The new bbm has been my only change.

10-10-09 11:48 AM
    I have noticed my memory leaks much faster than it did before loading bbn 5. It used to drop 2-3 mb over the course of the day. Now it drops about 7-8 mb each day. The new bbm has been my only change.

Haven't checked my "leak" because I never do with the 8900. But that's entirely possible with new BBM software. Maybe people with 83xx units could comment. The big memory units are pretty variable. Mine drops from 105 to 85 pretty fast anyway.
    10-10-09 11:51 AM
    I have the 8830 WE, and it sees drops down to 2mb or less...running the 4.5.0.169 OS
    10-10-09 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD