Hi all, quick question. One of the great things that I have been doing with my blackberry is that I have started a diary ! I find that at those times in the day where you have 5-10 minutes waiting for something etc I can make a diary entry. The entries are in "application" and then all the entries are "memopad" entries with a title of the date and that is it. I have been doing this for months now...and probably do it 3-4 x a week. So I have a ton of entries. I back up my phone with blackberry software...but those backups will not allow me to actually access the entries on my computer...which is what I want to do. Does anyone know if the entire contents of the "memopad" entires folder can be somehow send to the microSD card ? That would be ideal so that way I could transfer them easily to my computer. Anyway...I guess the thing is is that I want these entries on my computer without having to individually E-mail them to myself or something...anyone know how to pull these off the phone ?

Thanks so much !

B
    03-22-09 08:29 PM
    BBNote is like Memo Pad, but it can save your files to the media card.

Maybe you can get BBNote and cut and paste your entries from Memo Pad?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 09:20 PM
    Actually it's BBnotepad, here is a thread with some links to download it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bbnotepad-62792/

03-22-09 09:23 PM
    Here's the actual download link:

http://www.coolove.pcriot.com/bbnote.../BBNotePad.jad

It works, I just downloaded it.

03-22-09 09:29 PM
    Thanks alot everyone !
    03-22-09 09:38 PM
    Your welcome... It's just me, myself, and I.

03-22-09 09:43 PM
    Brcollette, I just played with BBNotepad and I think you will b e happy to know there is a way to open MemoPad entries directly into BBNotepad. Open BBNotepad then press Menu, select Open Memo and a list of your MemoPad entries appear. Open the MemoPad entry then press the Menu key again and select Save As, then select your Media Card path. Very cool.

03-22-09 10:11 PM
    Hi all, I really do appreciate all the responses. I have never installed a application like the before on my BB. I found a place where I could download it and it was a zip file that had 3 files in it with extensions .jad .cod and .alx
    I don't know what to do with these files ???
    Thanks so much !

B
    03-22-09 10:14 PM
    Just in case it was missed - the Memopad notes can be sync'ed with Outlook's NOTE application. Each one becomes a separate note and you could then copy/paste to a Bigger Diary or into BBNotepad (which are plain text files)
    03-22-09 10:26 PM
    Copy the link in post #4 and email it to your BB from your computer. On your BB open the email with the link and click on the link. It should ask you if you want to download the app. Click Yes.

03-22-09 10:26 PM
    Ahhhh we are in action. Got it. Thanks so much !
    03-22-09 10:55 PM
    I love how it Sync's Notes with Outlook! When I first bought my BlackBerry is Sept 08 I actually had the MemoPad icon hidden because I thought I would never have a need for such an app on my device. It only took a couple weeks before I realized how wrong I was. ;-) hehe

Chris

03-23-09 01:18 AM
    Hi all. Anybody can help with 2 issues. 1. I need to Transfer 400 plus memos I did on my previous blackberry phone to my new Droid. 2. Finding a comparable memoPad application for the Droid phone that "RECOGNIZES” phone #'s and e-mails on your the memoPad application. On my previous blackberry's memoPad, I have lots of memos(I have them stored in the bb handset and on my laptop) these memos for me are like “files” like for example "My prospects" (I'm in sales.) On that one memo/entry, I probably have 20-30 contacts with names, phone #'s, e-mail, status etc. The nice part of the memoPad in my Blackberry is that I can just open the memoPad application and find "My prospects" file/memo and……. in there I can dial a phone number or e-mail directly from there/ the memopad application without copy & pasting to the phone application. I am trying the Droid now, but I cannot find a comparable memopad application for the Droid. I tried :1. ColorNote Notepad Notes, 2. Note Pad- AndroNotes, 3. AK Notepad and 4. AmbleLink Notepad (this was close, but not usable like my blackberry memoPad) CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP!!! I am desperate!!! I tried to transfer them with Gmail (automatically, like the sales person said the new Droid does. ) and all it did was put my memos on the "Contact/Phone Address book" on my Droid(Not what I want) I want my memos on a comparable memoPad application NOT on my address book!!! I am MAD and Desperate!!! I am also looking for a way to "back up" my memos onto my laptop like what you can do with the "Desktop manager" for blackberry phone. With the blackberry. I just connect it with the USB cable to my laptop and the backup will automatically will take place. Thanks again.
    Last edited by tonysalto; 11-24-09 at 12:13 AM. Reason: More information.
    11-23-09 11:56 PM
    Hi all. Anybody can help with 2 issues. 1. I need to Transfer 400 plus memos I did on my previous blackberry phone to my new Droid. 2. Finding a comparable memoPad application for the Droid phone that "RECOGNIZES phone #'s and e-mails on your the memoPad application. On my previous blackberry's memoPad, I have lots of memos(I have them stored in the bb handset and on my laptop) these memos for me are like files like for example "My prospects" (I'm in sales.) On that one memo/entry, I probably have 20-30 contacts with names, phone #'s, e-mail, status etc. The nice part of the memoPad in my Blackberry is that I can just open the memoPad application and find "My prospects" file/memo and. in there I can dial a phone number or e-mail directly from there/ the memopad application without copy & pasting to the phone application. I am trying the Droid now, but I cannot find a comparable memopad application for the Droid. I tried :1. ColorNote Notepad Notes, 2. Note Pad- AndroNotes, 3. AK Notepad and 4. AmbleLink Notepad (this was close, but not usable like my blackberry memoPad) CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP!!! I am desperate!!! I tried to transfer them with Gmail (automatically, like the sales person said the new Droid does. ) and all it did was put my memos on the "Contact/Phone Address book" on my Droid(Not what I want) I want my memos on a comparable memoPad application NOT on my address book!!! I am MAD and Desperate!!! I am also looking for a way to "back up" my memos onto my laptop like what you can do with the "Desktop manager" for blackberry phone. With the blackberry. I just connect it with the USB cable to my laptop and the backup will automatically will take place. Thanks again.
    11-24-09 12:15 AM
    You will get a lot more help posting in the Android forum.

I would suggest downloading bbnotepad above so that you can save all your memopad notes to your SD card in .txt format.

Then it would be easier to find an app in the Android market that can read those .txt files, like Astro file manager.

I don't know if any of them will allow your Droid to interpret anything in the files as phone numbers though.

11-24-09 02:13 AM
    Thank you.
    11-24-09 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD