I have noticed this problem for awhile now. I did a search on the forum and noticed that others are having the problem but I don't see a solution.

When I set the volume on the track I am playing either to a low setting or a high setting it always resets itself to what sounds like about 65-75% of the max volume.

For example, if I set the volume at max with audio boost, it will lower the volume. If I have the volume set to 30%, it will increase to the "standard" setting.

This only seems to affect the headphones (aux jack), I tried it with the external speaker and it stays the same. I have tried it with audio boost on and off, and have enabled and disabled enhanced audio.

This is a terrible problem, it renders the media player almost a hazard, especially if you are riding a bike or driving a car and have to play with the volume between every song.
    02-12-10 08:46 PM
    I haven't faced any such kind of a problem while using my Storm 9500 ..
    I'd like you to just not give up as of now & remain in search of an answer..
    If unsuccessful, you may upgrade your OS version as a last resort ..
    02-14-10 10:50 AM
    I think one of the released OSs had this perticular issue for some users. Make sure you're on the latest... and when I say latest, I don't mean latest for your carrier.
    02-14-10 11:24 AM
    I think one of the released OSs had this perticular issue for some users. Make sure you're on the latest... and when I say latest, I don't mean latest for your carrier.
    I've updated to the latest that BB desktop mgr allows. Is there a newer version than 5.0.0.419 Platform 4.2.0.179? How can I get it?
    02-15-10 12:08 PM
    This problem is a vlingo problem that they are aware of and plan on fixing in a future release.
    02-23-10 07:34 PM
    so if I uninstall vlingo it will go away?
    02-24-10 08:49 PM
    Apparently. I use Vlingo more than media player so I kept it, but from my research and emails to vlingo this will be the culprit. They don't giver any details as to when it will be solved, but they sy they will.
    02-24-10 09:10 PM
    Thanks for quick reply, I'm a letter carrier and listen to music everyday, just installed vlingo, so I'll uninstall till fixed.
    02-24-10 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD