07-10-14 03:13 PM
26 12
tools
    I am running OS 5.0.190 BOLD. Did the upgrade from .297 and everything was working perfectly....

Except the browser. I did the browser fix and now the browser works. I cannot, however, play any of the media files on my 8gb sd. Whenever i select a file to play, i get the message "Unable to Play content"

I have done a battery pull. This appears to be the only thing that is not working.

I searched around the forums for a while and couldn't find a solution. Sorry if i am posting a question that has been asked before.
    09-23-09 05:20 PM
    Nobody????
    09-24-09 03:36 PM
    im having the exact same problem..did a search and no info
    09-26-09 07:45 PM
    Hey guys, I am having the same issue. It has something to do with the fix for the browser. The strange thing, I had a bit of a money issue, and my cell service was shut off for a few days. Which in turn took me off the BIS network? During that time my media player worked just fine, now that the phone is back on it back to the same issue. Her is a error I am getting when botting the phone up, "!Uncaught exception: A browser content provider for video/3gpp MIME type has already been registered with the browser." hopefully someone will figure this out and provide a fix.
    09-30-09 11:58 AM
    I have been having the same issues with 5.0.0.238. I think that ubertwitter is to blame on mine at least. I removed it and no browser error on boot and media files played fine. After reinstalling ubertwitter and rebooting the error returned and neither music or video will play. I guess for now I will be looking for a different twitter client.
    10-01-09 10:30 AM
    It was Ubertwitter all along......wow. that worked for me.
    10-02-09 03:50 AM
    i recently upgraded to .238 and i was having this same problem. i uninstalled ubertwitter, did a battery pull, then reinstalled ubertwitter again and it works now. itll probably stop working if i restart the phone though.
    10-08-09 10:12 PM
    It will in fact stop working if you restart the phone. I'm also running os 5.0.0.238 and UT is causing the same "uncaught exception..." error over here too. Anybody from UberTwitter want to jump in here and help out before I stick solely with TweetGenius?
    10-15-09 04:52 PM
    I was having the same issue and error message. I too had ubertwitter installed. I just uninstalled and voila.. My songs are playing now..
    11-27-09 09:12 PM
    I'm having pretty much the same issue!

I've got an AT&T BlackBerry Curve 8900 running OS 5.0.0.348

Every time I restart my phone (do a battery pull) I get this messgae:

Every time I try to play most media (music, ringtones & videos) I get this:

I am however able to use my ringtones and play my music thru 7digital's built-in music player!
    I DO have UberTwitter installed and after reading the posts in this thread, I gotta be honest, I'm a little disappointed because I really like UberTwitter!!

I guess I'm gonna try uninstalling UT and see if the same error occurs and whether I'm able to play my music, videos & ringtones through the native BB media player...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 09:33 PM
    Damn UT. Good thing I did a search!

12-07-09 09:32 AM
    yep thanks for this thread... same trouble for me with my 9700 ... but damn i loved UT
    12-19-09 11:38 AM
    FYI...UberTwitter IS aware of this issue and is working out the kinks!

If you guys haven't uninstalled UT yet, try using the "Feedback" option and explain your issue to them! You may be surprised of the outcome

12-19-09 12:05 PM
    FYI...UberTwitter IS aware of this issue and is working out the kinks!

If you guys haven't uninstalled UT yet, try using the "Feedback" option and explain your issue to them! You may be surprised of the outcome

yes i just did, and yes they already responded and are aware of it
    12-19-09 12:10 PM
    I have encountered the same problem wehn I installed a new application, in my case a News site. I deleted it, no more "uncaught exception... browser..." errors, and my music is playing just fine. Thanks for the hint
    08-24-10 03:58 AM
    I don't have UbberTwiiter Installed but seem to get this problem, uninstalled any apps that i downloaded lately but still same problem, any help?
    09-12-10 06:44 PM
    this is annoying now. had UT installed...so i un-installed it...restarted my phone and still the same problem
    09-15-10 07:10 AM
    I experienced the same problem today. I found about this problem because a friend sent me a voice note on bbm and it won't play. Tried playing other voice notes and music files, all won't play. Found this forum and another one like this and most said its because of UberTwitter. I didn't want to believe 'cause I love Uber so I didn't delete it. Instead, out of suspicion I uninstalled this BOLT application I had (its like a browser that let's me play youtube videos), did a battery pull afterwards, and now my BB9700 is working fine again. Music and voice notes files can be played again. I hope this helped

09-23-10 09:09 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue, constantly having to remove apps that I have installed. Never used uber twitter so can't imagine that this would be the issue, tried a restore but issue still there. Does anyone have a permanent fix for this?
    12-11-10 05:02 AM
    delete whatsapp it worked for me, and i dont have ut either
    02-03-11 03:18 AM
    Hi!

I've had similar issues and have uninstalled/reinstalled WhatsApp? several times. And now UberSocial too. I need WhatsApp? but also need to be able to play videos and audio.

Can I bump this up and ask if anyone has heard of a solution, or will I just need to choose one over the other?

Thanks!
    06-15-11 01:06 AM
    i have the same proplem with my 8900 as well all you got to do it uninstall whats app then reboot then it will be fine again but if you download whats app again then reboot your music wont play again
    10-19-11 04:14 PM
    I can't play music or videos i uninstalled UberSocial but i still can't play music/videos
    12-17-11 10:10 AM
    im affraid i cant listen music for the rest of my bb
    12-17-11 10:16 AM
    i am failing to access my videos and music on my files
    06-25-13 06:42 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD