I have been having a blast exploring and customizing my 9700 over the past few days and last night installed a 16GB microsd and began the process of transferring some of my music to the device via the Blackberry Media Sync app on my pc. Transfer went just fine and all files show up on the card, however when I use the Media Player on the device and select by "Album" or "Artist" the tracks are listed alphabetically rather than by track number. It's not a huge deal except when I want to listen to a particular album in track order (The Wall is just made to played that way, isn't it? ). I have looked around for a menu option or something to list by track, but have had no luck. Does anyone here know how to do this?

Also, if I connect to my pc via "Mass Storage Mode" and drill down to the album folder in question the track number shows up in the windows explorer folder and all my mp3 files are saved in a "Track Number" - "Songname".mp3 format.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-17-10 10:29 AM
    [...]
    all my mp3 files are saved in a "Track Number" - "Songname".mp3 format.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Mine are all saved in that same format too and display in correct album order.

However, I may also have tagged the individual songs with trackid etc too... (e.g. mp3tag on PC)
    03-17-10 11:08 AM
    Mine are all saved in that same format too and display in correct album order.

However, I may also have tagged the individual songs with trackid etc too... (e.g. mp3tag on PC)
    Did you use the BB Media Sync application to move the files to the device or did you transfer directly using mass storage mode?
    03-17-10 11:20 AM
    OK, so with a bit more fiddling around this morning I have discovered that there is a file named "BBThumbs.dat" in each of the folders with mp3's in them (stored in \Artist\Album\ format). When I delete this file the album folder reverts back to being sorted by track number rather than alphabetical. Hmm.
    03-17-10 11:39 AM
    I was looking at this today. Where is this file? On the BB or on the PC?
    03-21-10 09:06 PM
    The file(s) are located in each album folder on the BB (in my case on my microsd card).
    03-22-10 01:09 AM
    Thanks for the tip for re-ordering my music tracks! Deleting all the BBThumbs.dat files from my media card (in all 100+ folders) reorganized the order of the music in each folder back to the order that was on the original CD. And it also now lists the time per cut (an added bonus!). Wouold never have found this solution without your post. Thanks again!
    07-07-10 09:27 PM
    Glad I could be of assistance.
    07-07-10 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD