I listen to music on my BB on speaker phone, with headphones, and sometimes with portable speakers. I just noticed the other day that with the portable speakers (at least this one set) if I play an album, it will play the first song, and then the audio stops playing completely. The media player still runs and plays the next track, but no sound comes out. If I take out the cord that goes into the headphones jack, it starts playing on the phone. If i plug it back in, it does play through the portable speakers. But after the song is over, no sound despite it keeps rolling on my phone.

Confused and curious,

Hubie
    11-18-09 06:26 AM
    I have the same issue on OS 5.0. Songs are on the media card, in the /music folder, and they are all in sub-folders (Artist/Album).
    11-18-09 09:06 AM
    I'm having the same problem as well with my bluetooth headset. Currently running OS 5.0.0.230 but I'm running in to alot of problems with apps not working correctly. Must be something with the leaked OS.
    11-18-09 09:20 AM
    I found a fun workaround.

1) Start playing the album (or shuffle, or whatever) without anything in the headphone jack
    2) Skip to the next track
    3) Plug headphones (or portable speakers) in to the headphone jack
    4) You should now be able to listen to the full album, or the shuffled songs.

Notes:
    I haven't tried to see if this will work when I start one album, then select a different album. I will update if/when I find more.

Edit:
    Nope, it does not work if you select a new album. You can skip tracks though.
    Last edited by Saiyaman156; 11-18-09 at 06:44 PM.
    11-18-09 04:09 PM
    I listen to music on my BB on speaker phone, with headphones, and sometimes with portable speakers. I just noticed the other day that with the portable speakers (at least this one set) if I play an album, it will play the first song, and then the audio stops playing completely. The media player still runs and plays the next track, but no sound comes out. If I take out the cord that goes into the headphones jack, it starts playing on the phone. If i plug it back in, it does play through the portable speakers. But after the song is over, no sound despite it keeps rolling on my phone.

Confused and curious,

Hubie
    I was having this problem and will tell you what fixed it to me and now has it working flawlessly.

When you're in the music player go to "options". There is an option that says "turn off auto backlighting" which is set to yes. Change it to "NO" and that will fix the problem. The weird thing is that the backlight still turns off as normal, but the music will play with no problems from track to track.
    11-18-09 08:45 PM
    This does not fix the problem. This media player is driving me frickin crazy. it's now happening with my headphones too.

is everyone having this error? I want to be able to play music more than one track!
    11-25-09 08:20 AM
    Yes, it is a common error or bug when you update to 5.0. The only work around is to pause then play the second track, after that all the songs play like normal.
    11-25-09 12:16 PM
    I was having this problem and will tell you what fixed it to me and now has it working flawlessly.

When you're in the music player go to "options". There is an option that says "turn off auto backlighting" which is set to yes. Change it to "NO" and that will fix the problem. The weird thing is that the backlight still turns off as normal, but the music will play with no problems from track to track.

thanks so much! now i can finally listen to my study notes on the bus again!! now i just need to get my camera to stop acting like a reset button...
    12-16-09 07:18 PM
    Easy enough to install a different MP3 player software.
    12-16-09 10:21 PM
    Thanks Kyle... been looking for a solution without downgrading to a lower OS.
    01-25-10 08:05 AM
    The newer OS 5 versions do not have this bug. You might want to check the sticky at the top of the forum on the RIM official OS5 although not out for all carriers yet.
    01-25-10 09:31 AM
    I just upgraded to OS. 5.0.0.419 and the bug is GONE! Thanks F2--- I'm luv my music
    01-25-10 10:00 AM
    i have OS 4.7.1.61 and i still am having the same issue - i dont think its 5.0. I'm trying theprospect29's fix.
    02-04-10 01:58 PM
    i have OS 4.7.1.61 and i still am having the same issue - i dont think its 5.0. I'm trying theprospect29's fix.
    No, it is a 5.0.0.230 bug. You may have another issue.
    02-04-10 06:28 PM
    if you upgrade to .419 the media player bug is gone! thats one of the main reasons i went for .419 since i listen to music all the time on my tour and that bug got really annoying. It's fixed with any of the versions of .419 though
    02-04-10 07:01 PM

Confused and curious,

Hubie
    Ok so I had this same problem which was quite annoying because I had to reach into my pocket and press the play button while riding my bike but I think I fixed it, what I did was go into options, phone options, enhanced audio options and then disable automatic volume control. This works for me so please tell if it works for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 09:41 AM
    Totally worked so far, thanks!
    11-17-13 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD