I have been thru the ranks with blackberry's and I recently went from a 9700 to the 9800 Torch, and when ever I get a email, sms, bbm message and it activates the sound for that action it stops my media player or Slacker and I have to restart the song. I did set the inactive timer to off on the media options but this is different. Any one else experiencing this?

FYI this was a non issue on my Bold II/9700.

Thanks in advance
    01-13-11 07:32 PM
    Saw this recently. Battery pull fixed it.

If not, have you installed any apps recently?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 08:48 PM
    I do a battery pull every night with QuickPull. Not the answer. I'm not a noob here. Thanks tho.

Saw this recently. Battery pull fixed it.

If not, have you installed any apps recently?

01-13-11 08:51 PM
    I personally rather do a physical pull and wait the 20 or so seconds instead of using quickpull but some say it makes no diff.

Onto my other question. You install any other apps? I also saw this problem when I installed six tools (not sure if it was fixed in a newer version).

01-13-11 08:54 PM
    I do a battery pull every night with QuickPull. Not the answer. I'm not a noob here. Thanks tho.
    QP does not do a battery pull. It does a soft reset. Same thing as pressing alt+shift+delete.
    01-13-11 08:55 PM
    Yes I am using 6tools. I am going to uninstall it and reboot to saee if that fixes it. Thanks. You rock!!
    I personally rather do a physical pull and wait the 20 or so seconds instead of using quickpull but some say it makes no diff.

Onto my other question. You install any other apps? I also saw this problem when I installed six tools (not sure if it was fixed in a newer version).

01-13-11 08:57 PM
    Might get a bit more help if you didn't come off so testy. Also a bit of info, (for example whether you're listening on a bluetooth headset or perhaps a third-part set of headphones) might be helpful.

I've noticed a slight pause while I'm listening to tunes, but it always resumes.

01-13-11 08:57 PM
    I have deleted 6tools and rebooted and everything works as it should now. I also emailed their tech support to see if there is a new version that addresses this issue. Didn't mean to come off testy, just wanted to avoid the obvious questions since I'm not a noob.
    As always the help on this site is amazing. Thanks all.

01-13-11 09:12 PM
    That didn't come off testy IMO. (Just a tad frusdtrated...)

01-13-11 10:36 PM
    You can still use 6tools. Just turn off the slider sounds. I had this issue also, once I turned off all sounds in 6tools I had no further issues.
    01-13-11 11:03 PM
    *jumping into conversation*
    I have this problem too on my 9900, and now my 9810 too. At first I thought it's the third party headset I bought from Amazon, but it happened as well when I used my speakerphone. Soft reset doesn't do the trick sometime, hate when I have to do battery pull :|
    I don't have that 6tools on mine. My apps are just ordinary ones, me thinks.
    04-09-12 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD