I am using the native media player playing an MP3 that is a 1.5hr long interview. I usually listen to this in about 15-20min increments. Everytime I pause and exit the media player, the MP3 goes back to the very beginning of the file and I have to try to find my place again. Is there a way that I can have the player remember where I left off in the file?
    08-09-10 10:44 PM
    Only if you leave the media player open.

You could add the audio to a video (black screen if you want) with video editing software. When you exit out of a video file from the media player on your berry, it picks up where you left off.

Or you could make a note of how far you are into the interview which would make it where you wouldn't have to rely on memory to find where you left off.

Hope that helps
    08-10-10 12:04 AM
    I have a Curve 8530, and the way that I fixed the issue was to open player, go to options, go to Close Media Player When Inactive and set it to Off. You can now go back to the media player later and click on "Now Playing . . ." and it will re-open the podcast as if you never exited.
    08-23-10 09:41 PM
    I have a Curve 8530, and the way that I fixed the issue was to open player, go to options, go to Close Media Player When Inactive and set it to Off. You can now go back to the media player later and click on "Now Playing . . ." and it will re-open the podcast as if you never exited.
    If it says "Now Playing", that means it was never closed. Pausing and hitting the the end key (red phone) would be equivalent to that.
    08-23-10 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD