Forgive me if this has been answered before, but I searched and couldn't find an answer. I downloaded an audiobook onto my S2. It's great to listen to while traveling for my job...Anywho, when I need to pause it or get out of the player, when I attempt to go back in, it doesn't save my last position. I can't tell you how frustrating this is. I am forced to use the progress bar and guess where I was. I don't understand how this would be omitted. Seems like a very easy thing to do. And is it me or is the media player horrible? Sorry if I am complaining, just frustrated after losing my spot on an hour long book....Any help would be appreciated.
    04-27-10 06:27 AM
    I get you, no worries. I don't know if there's an easy way in the BB player, but PodTrapper from VersatileMonkey.com - BlackBerry software including PodTrapper, the podcast manager | VersatileMonkey.com remembers where you are when you stop/restart/exit app/battery pull etc.

Primary functionality is as a podcast player, but you can play selected files in it as well, not restricted to podcasts.

Give it a whirl with the free trial period, and see if it does what you want!

BarlJo
    04-27-10 06:42 AM
    I get you, no worries. I don't know if there's an easy way in the BB player, but PodTrapper from VersatileMonkey.com - BlackBerry software including PodTrapper, the podcast manager | VersatileMonkey.com remembers where you are when you stop/restart/exit app/battery pull etc.

Primary functionality is as a podcast player, but you can play selected files in it as well, not restricted to podcasts.

Give it a whirl with the free trial period, and see if it does what you want!

BarlJo
    I'm cheap. I hate spending money on (cr)apps. But the $10 I spent on PodTrapper was among best $10 I've ever spent. Of course I'm a big podcast listener, but I also use it occassionally for audio books. It simply rocks. No matter what you're listening to--whether it's a podcast downloaded within PT or an audio or video file you have on your media card--it'll remember where you left off. You can also add bookmarks within each file to mark certain points (though I've never done it so can't testify as to how or how well it works).

Highly recommend checking it out on trial. I think the trial is 30 days. The developer, Versatile Monkey, is super responsive as well.
    04-27-10 07:47 AM
    what version are you using? Mine goes back to the spot I left off on for all media
    04-27-10 08:07 AM
    PodTrapper rocks. I listen to 3 - 4 novels a week using it. Well worth $10. Try the free trial.
    04-27-10 08:27 AM
    Forgive me if this has been answered before, but I searched and couldn't find an answer. I downloaded an audiobook onto my S2. It's great to listen to while traveling for my job...Anywho, when I need to pause it or get out of the player, when I attempt to go back in, it doesn't save my last position. I can't tell you how frustrating this is. I am forced to use the progress bar and guess where I was. I don't understand how this would be omitted. Seems like a very easy thing to do. And is it me or is the media player horrible? Sorry if I am complaining, just frustrated after losing my spot on an hour long book....Any help would be appreciated.
    I'm having the same problem when listening to old Howard stern or O&A tapes. I'm gonna give podtraper a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 08:52 AM
    jrohland...yep mp3 files and believe me, if the pause button worked, i wouldn't be posting. I've tried everything. Looks like you are on the S1, I am using S2 on .612 OS. I know how to use the player, but it seems that this is a lack of functionality. I never liked the media player. Will have to wait until BB 6 comes out.

Ill definitely give Podtrapper a try.
    04-30-10 07:16 AM
    I've been FlipSide on an 8520 (with the Last.FM scrobble turned off for audiobooks) and it paused fine, but would of course forget it if i closed the program rather than minimize it. I figure it's close enough to what a cd or mp3 player would do so I'm mostly happy, but I have been trying to find a media player that will let me seek thru the track. I had to batt-pull the other day and was forced to relisten to 38 minutes of a 45minute track t continue my book.
    05-30-10 08:44 PM
    jrohland...yep mp3 files and believe me, if the pause button worked, i wouldn't be posting. I've tried everything. Looks like you are on the S1, I am using S2 on .612 OS. I know how to use the player, but it seems that this is a lack of functionality. I never liked the media player. Will have to wait until BB 6 comes out.

Ill definitely give Podtrapper a try.

I use the MP3 player ALL THE TIME and it works great!! I pause and play all day long. Sometimes I even forget that I had the media player on and go back hours later and it is still in the same place I had paused it.
    05-30-10 08:52 PM
    The one thing I find with Podtrapper and audiobooks is if you listen to a book longer than two hours it will not bookmark or pick up where you left off, it just picks up at the two hour mark every time--anybody else have that problem
    01-06-11 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD