Hey all. So, I like everyone else here it seems, am waiting for this Bold to get released. I played with a buddy of mine's 8820 and how it handled my MP3s during a workout. The stereo bluetooth did well although I did notice occasional times when the songs would pause. At first I thought it was a bluetooth issue, but it happened when the two (headphones and 8820) were right next to each other.

I did some searching thru the forums and it seems cuz of the processor speed and memory (I have ~500 songs on this 8GB microSD), that the blackberry's can skip during MP3 playback. Some suggested turning off the wireless radio as it seemed that was what was causing the skips.

I wonder with the double processor speed of the Bold and upgraded RAM if there will still be a problem like that. What do you think? Because I'd really like to have my cake and eat it too (a device that I can use as my music player during workouts, phone calls, PDA, etc.).
    07-28-08 08:33 PM
    Bump

I'm getting this on the bold 9000. Did anyone ever find.a fix?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 05:19 PM
    Anyone? Or is there at least a way to report bugs to RIM?
    02-17-10 03:11 AM
    It's alive. IT'S ALIVE!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA

02-17-10 02:54 PM
    Hey all. So, I like everyone else here it seems, am waiting for this Bold to get released. I played with a buddy of mine's 8820 and how it handled my MP3s during a workout. The stereo bluetooth did well although I did notice occasional times when the songs would pause. At first I thought it was a bluetooth issue, but it happened when the two (headphones and 8820) were right next to each other.

I did some searching thru the forums and it seems cuz of the processor speed and memory (I have ~500 songs on this 8GB microSD), that the blackberry's can skip during MP3 playback. Some suggested turning off the wireless radio as it seemed that was what was causing the skips.

I wonder with the double processor speed of the Bold and upgraded RAM if there will still be a problem like that. What do you think? Because I'd really like to have my cake and eat it too (a device that I can use as my music player during workouts, phone calls, PDA, etc.).

02-27-10 10:36 PM
    I know this is old, but his question was never answered. I too use the 9000, primarily as a music player in fact. I bought it as opposed to an ipod because it has just as good if not better sound quality and has all the nice features of a blackberry. As far as skipping goes, I've only noticed during playback of high bitrate music (320 an up, .wav) and even then its very mild. Only during first few seconds too. Hope this helps, the 9000 is a great digital music player!

02-27-10 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD