Just wondering if there's a maximum number of characters or words allowed in a conversation. From time to time while I'm typing my message, it stops and doesn't allow me to type any more. Not only that, but the cursor also disappears. The only way to write my message is I have to close the conversation, then re-open the user on BBM and type my message.
    08-04-10 11:21 AM
    Well as I was reading it was unlimited and no cap on the limit of characters I use bbm all the time and never run into that problem. Do you have to latest bbm because that might solve the quitting problem but other than that I don't know how you could solve that problem.
    08-04-10 11:43 AM
    Well as I was reading it was unlimited and no cap on the limit of characters I use bbm all the time and never run into that problem. Do you have to latest bbm because that might solve the quitting problem but other than that I don't know how you could solve that problem.

I'm using 5.0.0.57.
    08-04-10 11:47 AM
    I've never ran into any type of limit. I'm on 5.0.0.66 but even with previous versions I've never had a problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 11:53 AM
    There is a limit, it's just really long. It's much higher than sms.
    08-04-10 12:21 PM
    I believe that it's a glitch with BBM. Even though your cursor disappears and you can not see any more words, if you continue type and then press enter, you will see that your entire message has been sent. However, if you want to be able to see what your typing you do have to close the conversation and open a new one. This used to happen to me all the time but it seems as if the problem just eventually corrected itself.

Also according to RIM there is no character max for BBM. On their website it lists "unlimited characters" as one of BBM's features/benefits.

Just wondering if there's a maximum number of characters or words allowed in a conversation. From time to time while I'm typing my message, it stops and doesn't allow me to type any more. Not only that, but the cursor also disappears. The only way to write my message is I have to close the conversation, then re-open the user on BBM and type my message.
    Last edited by melh72; 08-04-10 at 03:19 PM.
    08-04-10 01:07 PM
    I've hit the max before. Like iMiiTH says though......its VERY high. I think someone should try it and give us a final count. I would, but I kinda have a life now

08-04-10 01:19 PM
    I have hit the limit at 2000 characters several times.
    08-04-10 04:44 PM
    I believe that it's a glitch with BBM. Even though your cursor disappears and you can not see any more words, if you continue type and then press enter, you will see that your entire message has been sent. However, if you want to be able to see what your typing you do have to close the conversation and open a new one. This used to happen to me all the time but it seems as if the problem just eventually corrected itself.

Also according to RIM there is no character max for BBM. On their website it lists "unlimited characters" as one of BBM's features/benefits.
    Hmmm? That's interesting. I did not know you can still continue to type and be able to send the message.
    When you said it seems to correct itself, are saying your typing doesn't "disappear" on you anymore?
    08-04-10 06:51 PM
    You're doing it wrong if your bbm characters exceed the limit imo. Lol.
    08-04-10 09:51 PM
    You're doing it wrong if your bbm characters exceed the limit imo. Lol.
    What exactly is being done wrong oh wise one? How about you go type 2000 characters in BBM....then tell us what is "being done wrong"

08-04-10 10:19 PM
    Generally, I don't think people want to be slapped in the face with a 2000 character block of text over BBM.
    08-04-10 10:23 PM
    Well the ONE time that I ever hit that limit it WAS like a slap in the face. I was like WTF!!!???

Then about half a second later I hit enter and continued my message. Its wasn't really that big of a deal.

But really though....how often DO you ever type that long of a message? The only reason was because I was fighting with the woman and she's a quick txter. So if I don't fit everything I had to say into one txt for her to read she would have just started ******** about something else before I could finish saying what I had to say.

Women!

08-04-10 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD