05-31-11 01:07 PM
307 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    not sure if this is a problem or not but when i receive a SMS from a contact that i have on bbm, that message appears in our bbm chat.

does anyone know how to separate the two so the texts appear in SMS?

bah didnt read that post above
    Last edited by Barsoum89; 10-20-09 at 03:09 PM.
    10-20-09 03:07 PM
    I installed this leaked OS 5.0.0230, but my BBM 5.0 is gone on my storm..

I see people have it and talk about it.. but why don't i see it on mine?? I even went to the app world and reinstalled it again and still no icon?? and its not hidden.. its also in my applications..

can anyone give me advice?
    10-20-09 10:23 PM
    Hi!

I really enjoy the new BBM although it drains my battery because I join a group and any time members r chatting it shows on my screen. But my problem isn't that. My problem is if anybody knows how to get rid of the chats in my message list. Before u telling me go to Option>Show chat in message list> uncheck mark that one-i have. Checked it like 100 times, there is no check mark next to that option. Anybody any idea? Thank u
    10-22-09 10:59 PM
    I have BBM 5 on my 9630. When I receive a file and save it, it wont display. I pull up properties on the file and it states that the size is zero.
    10-23-09 05:41 PM
    I have BBM 5 on my 9630. When I receive a file and save it, it wont display. I pull up properties on the file and it states that the size is zero.
    i have the same question. here is what i have been postin on other threads: something i have noticed on the bbm5.0. before when i would send a pic to someone it wouldnt ask for them to accept it. it was simply view or cancel. now u must accept it and then it saves to my photo files. to top it off, when i get a photo sent to me and save it it doesnt show up. is there a way to correct this?
    10-24-09 01:12 AM
    Well im running BBM5 on a bold using .303 and sometimes i keep having to re-invite the contact and its doing my head it. It seems to be the same people though, anyone found a cause or a fix?
    10-25-09 02:22 PM
    i have the same question. here is what i have been postin on other threads: something i have noticed on the bbm5.0. before when i would send a pic to someone it wouldnt ask for them to accept it. it was simply view or cancel. now u must accept it and then it saves to my photo files. to top it off, when i get a photo sent to me and save it it doesnt show up. is there a way to correct this?

I haven't been able to receive a picture since the update to 5.0. Is there a way to fix this or go back to the previous version?

~Laura
    10-26-09 03:01 PM
    SAME thing happens to me sometimes it doesnt go or i have to send it as MMS which is annoying i dunno whats up
    10-26-09 03:03 PM
    BBM 5.0 seems to have lots of bugs. Let's hope RIM gonna fix them sooner rather than later.
    10-26-09 08:49 PM
    How safe is it to exchange BBM PIN numbers to other people online over the CB forums?
    Well, if the people you give your PIN to are safe, then it's safe. If you send your PIN to stalking murderers, then not so safe.
    10-27-09 03:41 AM
    Okay so this is what I'm trying to accomplish.

Some neat AutoText shortcuts are mypin, myver, mynumber, etc.

With the release of BBM 5.0.0.33 and the new bar code system I would like to create an AutoText entry for mybar

When the user types mybar and hits space I would like the Bar Code to appear. I tried saving the Bar Code as an image on my memory card and setting up the AutoText as follows:

Replace:
    mybar
    With:
    /Media Card/BlackBerry/pictures/barcode.png
    Using: SmartCase
    Language: All Locales

However when typing mybar and hitting space the AutoText only generates the text /Media Card/BlackBerry/pictures/barcode.png and does not display the file.

I was thinking this could be done via macro, but in AutoText one can only insert macro like %d (Short Date) %o (Owner Name) etc. One can not create a new macro.

So my question...how can we break this OS open to customize some macro?

FYI I'm currently using a Pearl 8130 running 4.5.0.127
    10-28-09 04:49 PM
    Hey everyone,

Not completely sure this is the best place to post this, but it fits the description, so maybe one of you will know?!

I am running the official BBM 5 and recently reloaded my OS, which in turn, erased and reloaded my BBM.

With the new remote backup, it began readding my contacts/groups.

It got all the contacts and one group (I am only in 2) and the other group just says "waiting to join"

I asked one of the members, who is a contact on my BBM, to readd me to the group.. However, there no longer IS a group. (there are no more members.)

I searched RIM's site and found this... "
    Cause

When rejoining a group after a device switch, there are times when information needs to be updated from the group. To do this, BlackBerry Messenger randomly selects a user from the group that can be used to update any changes to the group, and synchronize with the user rejoining that group. Although the group member that is stated in the update has not physically selected the user to rejoin the group, BlackBerry Messenger has selected that group member to synchronize with.
    Note: Each time a user is rejoining a group, a group member is randomly selected."

So it looks like it is trying to connect with one of the members, however, there are none to connect with.

I would just like to delete/remove myself from the group, however, that is not an option since I'm not really a member anymore...

I've attached some screenshots..

Hopefully someone will have some ideas on what to do or who to ask..

Thanks!!
    10-29-09 06:45 PM
    Is there any possible way to turn off the stalker-ish D & R receipts?
    10-30-09 12:11 PM
    nopez
    10-30-09 02:37 PM
    Hello im new to bberry messenger. It says send location AND WHEN i TRY IT SAYS cant retrieve location. Am I doing something wrong?
    11-01-09 08:26 AM
    I have just made a new Groups yesterday, and realize that the maximum members for each group is only 31 ???

Is this for serious, In my company alone I have like 40+ colleagues I knew who were using bb's.............. this couldn't be serious !!
    11-08-09 05:11 AM
    I have bbm 5.0. For some reason when someone sends me a pic through bbm sometimes I can receive them and sometimes I cant. It just says received 0.00KB and then I go to the pic and its black with a red x in the left corner. Can anyone help me out with this. One time a received one and it worked fine, then 5 min later I got sent another one and It didnt work! Someone help me please!
    11-16-09 10:14 AM
    Not sure if anyone is experiencing this, but after chatting on BB Messenger 5 on my 8900 for a while, the cursor will disappear and whatever I am typing will no longer show up in the input field. However if I press enter, it will send the message I typed including the characters I typed that I couldn't see. In order to restore normal operation, I have to end the chat and start over. After a few more messages, it will start to do the same thing. I noticed the same phenomenon with GTalk too. What could be causing this? Yesterday I wiped the BB after deleting bb messenger, and restored. That didn't help as the problem is still occurring. Anyone else having this problem? I can chat without seeing what I'm typing but it gets quite annoying. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
    11-16-09 07:25 PM
    Love all the upgrades on BBM 5.0, but I ran into some problems that I have found elsewhere in the forums. My messages aren't always delivered (sometimes they're seriously delayed), and after recently doing a battery pull, I lost the "recent updates" portion of BBM 5.0 where it informs you of all the recent status updates. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    I've also lost my status updates. Anybody have any ideas? I tried a battery pull and deleting the app, then reinstalling. I deleted any contacts whose pin I wasn't positive was still current. Still missing.
    11-19-09 04:11 AM
    what happened to proximity alerts? i remember them being in the leaked bbm 5.0 and i went to look today and cant find em....

they out or am i blind?
    11-19-09 10:14 PM
    Sorry if its already asked, but is there a way to get a sound or vibrate notification when someone updates their messenger status. You get the red dot.. just wondering if there was a way to associate a ringer/vibrate with it?
    11-20-09 05:50 AM
    Sorry if its already asked, but is there a way to get a sound or vibrate notification when someone updates their messenger status. You get the red dot.. just wondering if there was a way to associate a ringer/vibrate with it?
    I do have BerryBuzz. It has many different settings for different nots. BBM is one of them. U can set a ringtone and a LED color flashing.
    11-20-09 07:44 PM
    I have bbm 5.0. For some reason when someone sends me a pic through bbm sometimes I can receive them and sometimes I cant. It just says received 0.00KB and then I go to the pic and its black with a red x in the left corner. Can anyone help me out with this. One time a received one and it worked fine, then 5 min later I got sent another one and It didnt work! Someone help me please!
    i am having the same problems with pics now, in the 4.7 (or whatever it was) sending photos was instant, dont like this new way much, is there any way to improve or convert back to the old way of sending receiving photos?
    11-21-09 06:19 AM
    How do i separate my sms messages from my bbm messages?
    11-21-09 08:06 AM

I had that problem once and after playing around with the phone and someone constantly sending me pics I discovered that I wasn't able to receive pics through BBM5 as long as "Encrypt Media Files" was turned on. So I have to turn this off to receive them on my BOLD through BBM5.
    11-23-09 08:09 AM
307 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD