05-31-11 02:07 PM
307 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I experienced this a couple of times, the solution is to end the chat and start a new convo
    Already tied that. No go. I even tried closing ALL the chats, rebooting, and disabling things like history, etc.. With no dice.

Damn this is kind of annoying
    10-11-09 02:15 PM
    My issues with BBM 5:

- Text area is unselectable (this has only happened occasionally, and only with 1 specific contact... required a battery pull)
    - Typing lag
    - No option to view photos people are sending you without downloading them (and the download is sloowwww)
    - Other service notifications don't appear within bbm (eg. email, SMS icons)
    - 4 days later and only 2 display pics have shown up
    - Phantom LED flashes

I hope an update is pumped out soon!
    10-11-09 02:52 PM
    I'm having trouble with my BBM when I get a new message I can't tell who its from. In my conversations area all the convos are listed there but there is no notification of who the message is from. Is that the way its supposed to be? Shouldn't there be a red star next to the name of who its from or something? Its annoying having to open all my convos to see who messaged me.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 03:51 PM
    Didn't see this discussed, and if I missed it I'm sorry.

I added a new contact to my BBM about a week before the upgrade. Now in BBM 5 he's listed as Pending (Awaiting Authorization) in my contacts list. He's not in the pending area, he's an official contact, just...pending.

I've chatted with him in BBM (he's yet to upgrade) so we're still contacts, but neither of us seems to have a way to complete the approval- even though it was already completed.

So, delete and readd or is there a way to fix it as is?
    10-11-09 07:33 PM
    it seems that i get deleted from my friends lists when i send them my location. after they re-add me to their list it doesnt happen anymore.
    Last edited by CaCHooKaMan; 10-12-09 at 01:00 AM.
    10-12-09 12:55 AM
    Is the barcode linked to a device? or email address etc.
    like if i were to scan this and put it on my biz card, and i get a new device in 2 months, can people still add me?
    10-12-09 12:58 AM
    i keep seeing problems ppl post about picture receiving and stuff and while i do have those problms i have another problem i cant find anywhere else. whenever i click "view" picture (yes sometimes i get the view option, othr times i get accept or deny) all that opens is a blank white screen. but when i click save it saves. and i can view it. i also get the blank white screen when i go to a contacts profile and click "enlarge display picture".
    any clue how i can solve this??? thank u so much!!!

also does anyone have a solution for the recieving pictures problem? its always stuck on 0kb.

oh and i downloaded this version of bbm from the blackberry.com site, from my phone, if that helps!

thanks so much!
    10-12-09 04:02 PM
    ^^^^ Your not alone
    10-12-09 05:13 PM
    Another issue I'm having to top of my other..

Now when I go to my profile to modify it, I try to exit (it asks me to save). I save, but it still stays on my profile. It actually saves the settings, but should exit after it saves, rather than me having to exit > Discard a second time.
    10-13-09 02:31 AM
    Has anybody had the problem where u are typing on bbm 5.0 but the typing area where ur words are seen are blank? U can continue to send bbm msgs, but ur doing so blindly without seeing what ur writing! when u press enter ur msg goes thru as written, but u dont see what ur typing when ur typing..

Will re-downloading it help? Battery pulls make it go away temporarily only.. Appreciate any help
    10-14-09 08:28 AM
    Is there a way to 'show offline' or unavailable in BBM without having to disable data services?
    10-14-09 04:44 PM
    Is there a way to 'show offline' or unavailable in BBM without having to disable data services?
    You can change your status to available (green dot) or unavailable (red dot), but ot won't stop others from messaging you. It just puts the red dot beside your name in their list, as well as displays your status at the top of the chat box.
    10-15-09 03:20 PM
    I think the big thing to me is no longer being able to sync with Outlook via DM after installing BBM5. I didn't have the problem with the beta. On the plus side, it did get me to try Google Sync and now my calendar syncs between BB, Google, and Outlook without using DM.

I've learned to stay out of Groups in 5.0.0.33, since getting the jala.lang.ClassCastException error message (linked to net_rim_bbgroup_calendar in the logs) every time I do a battery pull. No more groups for me until an update comes out to address it.

Other people have had camera problems after joining a Group. My 8830WE doesn't have a camera, so I haven't experienced it. I'm just wary about using Groups with all the problems that seem to come from them. Group notifications never saved properly for me anyway.
    10-15-09 03:24 PM
    What I miss from the leaked version is that I could make shortcuts for my favorite contacts on the homescreen, and that I could update my profile from the Applications screen.
    And something I think is totally pointles is the "Show What I'm Listening To" option. Who cares about what crap other people are listening to!

Just my 2 cents
    10-16-09 03:29 AM
    i keep seeing problems ppl post about picture receiving and stuff and while i do have those problms i have another problem i cant find anywhere else. whenever i click "view" picture (yes sometimes i get the view option, othr times i get accept or deny) all that opens is a blank white screen. but when i click save it saves. and i can view it. i also get the blank white screen when i go to a contacts profile and click "enlarge display picture".
    any clue how i can solve this??? thank u so much!!!

also does anyone have a solution for the recieving pictures problem? its always stuck on 0kb.

oh and i downloaded this version of bbm from the blackberry.com site, from my phone, if that helps!

thanks so much!

yeah me..having trouble sending and receiving picture for a few days now
    10-16-09 09:47 AM
    Wow. So many problems. I think I'll wait until the bugs are fixed before upgrading.
    10-16-09 12:06 PM
    nice thread, thanks for the info
    10-16-09 02:27 PM
    this is a weird one my fiance has been getting messages I sent a couple days back randomly. She got one yesterday and and another one today which is weird :S
    10-16-09 03:15 PM
    My wife is not yet using a blackberry, so I am trying to put her sms thread into bbm as a friend, and it keeps adding her work fax number instead of her mobile. Has anyone had this happen?
    10-16-09 07:11 PM
    Hello

I've been using BBM 5.0 for about a week now and I've had no problems so far until now. I've been getting invites from friends to join groups; I can open the invites, but I can't click on the join links at the bottom. This happens to any invite I receive. What do I do?
    10-16-09 08:42 PM
    I hope RIM is going to update this so-called official BBM 5.0 soon. Too many bugs need to be fixed.
    10-19-09 12:33 AM
    Is there any way possible to not have the SMS's in BBM5.0.0.33 (with leaked OS 5.0 of course) WITHOUT deleting the link between those contacts in your address book?

I figured that only the linked SMS contacts which had a PIN in my phonebook had an SMS icon inside BBM5, and this gives me problems so I'd much rather not have it all (without deleting the messages).
    10-19-09 01:35 AM
    Anyone Else Mention The Extreme Issue Of Bbm5 Picture Messaging Working Like Crap? It Forces You To Download The Persons Pic Before You Can View It. What A Pain In The Rear. I Soooo Do Not Like Using Bbm5. You Hear That Rim? It Sucks.
    10-19-09 12:57 PM
    How safe is it to exchange BBM PIN numbers to other people online over the CB forums?
    10-19-09 01:58 PM
    Anyone Else Mention The Extreme Issue Of Bbm5 Picture Messaging Working Like Crap? It Forces You To Download The Persons Pic Before You Can View It. What A Pain In The Rear. I Soooo Do Not Like Using Bbm5. You Hear That Rim? It Sucks.
    Choose "Send Picture" instead of "Send File" when you're going to send a picture.
    10-19-09 10:43 PM
307 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD