05-31-11 01:07 PM
307 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I installed BBM 5.0 today on my 8900. It was working well for the first few minutes I had it. I then noticed that I hadn't received a response in a little while with the person I was chatting with. I went back to the home screen and noticed my network was on edge (as opposed to EDGE). When I saw this, I did a battery pull and after my phone started up again, I wasn't even on edge anymore, but was on GSM. I figured this couldn't be just a coincidence after installing BBM 5.0 so I went back to 4.whatever. Lo and behold, I was back on EDGE after downgrading.

Anyone else experience this before?
    BBM should have absolutely noting to do with the signal you receive, it's more than likely a big coincidence.
    09-30-09 09:51 AM
    Yeah... Having to accept and download filed to my media card blows. That alone makes me want to go back to 4.6. I liked the option of being able to view pics before I decide to save them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 01:07 PM
    i found that annoying when i had BBM2 also. i love the look of the new BBM...but the pic issue and out of order BBMs forced me to downgrade.

i'm looking forward to an official release.

10-02-09 01:45 PM
    in lower versions of BBM you didn't get the entire picture file ...

The newer version you get the higher quality copy of the pic.. hence no view...
    10-05-09 04:15 PM
    Anyone have a problem with the option to change your status when you're on a call? My BB recently crashed, so I had to reinstall everything (thank G-D for backups). I reinstalled bbm 5, and before I had the option to show in my status when I was on a call or what music I was listening to. Now, the option to notify when I'm on the phone isn't there anymore since reinstalling bbm 5. Any advise on this? Aside from this and the lack of ability to view pics before saving them, I love bbm 5!

10-05-09 05:45 PM
    Hey guys,

I had the BBM 5.0.0.8 leak, but I wanted to switch to the official release, so I downgraded to 4.7 and then downloaded 5.0.0.33 from the app world. However, I can't seem to find BBM on my phone anymore. Can anyone help me?
    10-07-09 08:04 PM
    FYI I have a Curve 8900 with the 4.6 OS.
    10-07-09 08:13 PM
    Just downloaded and installed from app world, I did notice the "start recording" on the voice notes isn't working. I don't use them anyway. Other than that... Cool

10-07-09 08:24 PM
    Installed fine,
    I see it in the back ground but
    I hit "I Accept" or "I Dont Accept" nothing works. Any ideas ?
    10-07-09 08:30 PM
    Start Recording on voice notes works fine for me..
    10-07-09 08:48 PM
    Does anyone else have different smileys on the new bbm? I do and I really want the old ones back. Any way to get those (without downgrading back to the old bbm)

10-07-09 09:37 PM
    does blackberry messenger always run in the background even when you exit out of it
    10-07-09 09:39 PM
    Installed fine,
    Same problem here. Deleted and reinstalled like 5 times, nothing works. Anyone have an idea why?
    10-07-09 09:41 PM
    Same problem here. Deleted and reinstalled like 5 times, nothing works. Anyone have an idea why?
    same here! i thought i was the only one.. i had the leaked version installed before, would that make a difference?
    10-07-09 10:27 PM
    never installed the leaked version
    10-07-09 10:31 PM
    never installed the leaked version
    hhmm it must not be that then.. i hope it does get resolved.. anyone else say how to do it?
    10-07-09 10:36 PM
    nope, everyone seems to be ignoring that problem. it also seems that a very few people have it
    10-07-09 11:08 PM
    does blackberry messenger always run in the background even when you exit out of it
    Yes, i believe it always runs in the background..
    10-07-09 11:21 PM
    nope, everyone seems to be ignoring that problem. it also seems that a very few people have it
    aaww.. how do we get it resolved? is there a feedback thing for RIM so they know this is happening?
    10-08-09 12:07 AM
    Weird! I just noticed that on one of my contacts, the SMS chat log was loaded in my BBM. I wondered why there weren't any D/R next to it! I opened a new chat with him and now I have 2, one for BBM and one for SMS. Odd. lol
    10-08-09 06:41 AM
    Installed fine,
    are you opening from QuickLaunch or have QuickLaunch installed?

If so, remove QL or try to select the BBM icon from the apps menu rather than QL. Others have had your problem and QL seems to be the reasoning behind it...
    10-08-09 07:13 AM
    Question: The "Busy" status still alerts me when I have a message; what happened to the unavailable status when it wouldn't alert you!?

the SMS integrated in BBM is not alerting me via text, it alerts me as a BBM... stupid.

As for putting individual conversations on your homescreen, I am just seeing a red bubble star all of the time with the persons avatar, which I would assume would indicate a new message, but the star is there regardless!

Is anyone else having these concerns?
    10-08-09 08:07 AM
    i can't retrieve current location
    10-08-09 09:37 AM
    why on earth don't I have the option to send a picture while chating with a friend in BBM...how on earth do other ppl that the option and I don't?!
    10-08-09 09:40 AM
    why on earth don't I have the option to send a picture while chating with a friend in BBM...how on earth do other ppl that the option and I don't?!

you mean when you have an open chat going on and you press the BB menu button you don't see an option to send pictures?
    10-08-09 09:45 AM
307 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD