05-31-11 01:07 PM
307 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Guys, whats the latest ver for BBM? In applications list it sais BBM 5!
    08-03-09 01:16 AM
    help i cant install ota with my 8820 the files that are posted here

what do i do??????

plz help

thx
    08-04-09 08:25 AM
    I'm guessing A for Available.
    I think the green light icon is for available.
    08-04-09 12:33 PM
    The "A" icon means they're typing.

I'm guessing A for Available.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 06:48 PM
    When i click on it it sends me a .Jad file what is this
    08-06-09 01:20 AM
    anybody have an active link to the bbm 5.0 by 0mie?

i cant seem to find it anywhere
    08-06-09 06:57 AM
    Anyone been having problems with BBM 5?
    08-06-09 03:55 PM
    Anyone been having problems with BBM 5?
    not at all. but we need a later build of bbm5
    08-07-09 11:05 AM
    None of my messages on BBM are being sent, the "D" and "R" icons are not showing up next to the checkmark...I called a friend who I was trying to send messages to and verified that he did not receive them.

Anyone know whats going on or how to fix it?
    08-07-09 04:24 PM
    my bbm has been up and down all day....
    08-07-09 07:03 PM
    OK I have a question

In "profiles" why does BBM and other IM services have 2 profile settings?

(blackberry messenger alert)
    (blackberry messenger new message)

What is the difference between the two?

Please PM me the difference, I have been posting this in other threads regarding BBM and have yet to receive a response.
    BBM New Message- Tone played when you receive a BBM message.

BBM Alert- Tone played when a busy/unavailable contact becomes available. You need to manually set the alert for the contact.

To set an alert:

Highlight busy contact
    Menu
    Set Alert

08-07-09 08:49 PM
    it doesnt work the ota links are messed up
    08-07-09 11:49 PM
    Gosh.. Too many delays in delivery of messages.. Starts getting boring..
    08-08-09 01:24 AM
    bbm5 needs way more work. i advise to wait for the official release.
    08-08-09 01:39 AM
    BBM 5.0 on Curve 8900

Why do I have to click accept for all file transfers being received? Then it proceeds to download the image to my memory card then I can view it. Say my phone is not near me and someone sends a file and if I miss the message after a certain time it automatically times out and the file is automatically rejected.

What's up with that? Any option to automatically receive all files?

The old BBM would automatically receive the pick or voice note.

That's a big drawback.
    Does anyone know why the pictures expire after a short time of sending them? They also only have you save or reject.

Any input is appreciated.
    i have teh same concerns as above. why do we need to accept, rather being accepted automatically as prior versions. also, why do these msg's expire?!
    08-09-09 03:05 AM
    i have teh same concerns as above. why do we need to accept, rather being accepted automatically as prior versions. also, why do these msg's expire?!
    The messages don't expire. You have a choice of saving the message to your phone or deleting the message when you hit delete chat

08-14-09 11:18 AM
    Finally got BOLD enough to install the BBM 5.0 for my 9000. I must say this is way to cool. I am lovin this new version. The barcode feature is so awsome. RIM keeps on amazing me.... No problems on the install and phone working like a well oiled machine.
    08-16-09 02:11 PM
    bbm5 needs way more work. i advise to wait for the official release.
    What more work are you implying? Anything specific?
    08-16-09 02:27 PM
    Got the same email here too
    got the same thing
    08-16-09 05:41 PM
    My BBM5 will send a file sometimes, when it asks you to "add a description" and other times it will just send it like the old way. And sometimes it will ask you to crop the pic, and others it will just send the whole thing.

I have no idea why I send it the same way each time.....

I like the compressed version better also, much faster

same here and when i receive a pic y mdoes it come out so small not on the full screen and sometimes it makes me save it then i can view it ..any ideas ??
    08-16-09 06:05 PM
    i've been enjoying the bbm 5.0 so far. I wish I had more BBM buddies using 5.0 though.
    08-16-09 06:36 PM
    Sick of cropped photos, cropping photos, accepting transfers (or missing in some cases), saving to card before viewing. Other than those issues it has been fine, but incredibly annoying the way it handles transfers.
    08-17-09 11:41 AM
    Why do voice notes/pics expire?
    08-18-09 03:00 PM
    BBM New Message- Tone played when you receive a BBM message.

BBM Alert- Tone played when a busy/unavailable contact becomes available. You need to manually set the alert for the contact.

To set an alert:

Highlight busy contact
    Menu
    Set Alert

I haven't seen this issue posted anywhere.....I have an 8900, downloaded bbm 5.0 and it works great except for this issue....I really like to "set an alert" for a contact that is unavailable or busy so I'm aware that they have now read my message and ready to interact. It takes up to 30 min sometimes to show unreachable (if on a flight per say and I know they just took off) and when I can finally "set alert" it will set but will not notify me even though they have started sending me messeges again and I can't clear the alert at that time, the contact stays dimmed and the alert symbol will not come off. I had to back up and restore contacts from my media card which was of course simple to do but it wipes out ALL conversations with all contacts upon restore. Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix?
    08-19-09 10:55 AM
    In addition to my above issue, I noticed that it doesn't even give you an option to set an alert if the contact is just "busy", the older version allowed my to do so if the D was there and the contact hadn't looked at the message for a few min.....it would alert me as soon as they read it. All my friends and I LOVE this feature so I sure hope RIM is working on that fix!!!!!!
    08-19-09 11:01 AM
307 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD