05-31-11 02:07 PM
307 12345 ...
tools
    BBM 5 is doing great for the last 4 days on my Bold OS 282. The installation is easy through OTA. I've tried the local installation using the DM, but screws things up. After the installation, the first initialization is very slow especially when you have lots of bbm contacts. I have 100+ contacts which takes about 15-20 min to sync with the server then its flawless without any lags.

I wish that RIM would add an option to compress the sending of pictures in BBM 5. At this moment, it will send the full size file rather than the compressed version like the old BBM.

The QR Code is a great feature which saves us the time inputing contacts and pin. Just scan and everything is there. I wish there is also an option to read QR Code outside of BBM 5 instead of add contact to scan codes. The flow is kinda wrong if we do that. :P Also if we can scan Code off the Web browser or Code Pictures. That'll be great.

Just my two cents on BBM 5...
    07-25-09 02:24 PM
    BBM 5 is doing great for the last 4 days on my Bold OS 282. The installation is easy through OTA. I've tried the local installation using the DM, but screws things up. After the installation, the first initialization is very slow especially when you have lots of bbm contacts. I have 100+ contacts which takes about 15-20 min to sync with the server then its flawless without any lags.

I wish that RIM would add an option to compress the sending of pictures in BBM 5. At this moment, it will send the full size file rather than the compressed version like the old BBM.

The QR Code is a great feature which saves us the time inputing contacts and pin. Just scan and everything is there. I wish there is also an option to read QR Code outside of BBM 5 instead of add contact to scan codes. The flow is kinda wrong if we do that. :P Also if we can scan Code off the Web browser or Code Pictures. That'll be great.

Just my two cents on BBM 5...
    My BBM5 will send a file sometimes, when it asks you to "add a description" and other times it will just send it like the old way. And sometimes it will ask you to crop the pic, and others it will just send the whole thing.

I have no idea why I send it the same way each time.....

I like the compressed version better also, much faster
    07-25-09 02:27 PM
    how do i solve this issue of an unreachable contact on the BBM 5.0 (besides deleteing it)
    07-25-09 02:31 PM
    Mine always ask if I want to add a description. I don't mind having to send the full sized file. But sometimes when the Recipient don't need the full size, I prefer the compressed.
    07-25-09 02:38 PM
    i was looking on youtube for a demo of the new bbm 5 and in the video the guy had his sms chats in his bbm chat lists. How would i go about doing this, or is this feature unavailable for a pearl?

BTW my husband and I both love the new bbm 5 with all its new added features!!!
    07-25-09 05:06 PM
    anyone hear yet the official release date?
    07-26-09 05:04 AM
    My BBM5 will send a file sometimes, when it asks you to "add a description" and other times it will just send it like the old way. And sometimes it will ask you to crop the pic, and others it will just send the whole thing.

I have no idea why I send it the same way each time.....

I like the compressed version better also, much faster
    Minus, I have a Tour also, but when I did an OTA install of BBM 5.0, my BBM icon did a dissapearing act. I went back to a previous version until I figure out why. Did you have this problem? Do you know of a fix?
    07-26-09 12:31 PM
    Did you check your IM folder? I thought mine disappeared too. Found it in the IM folder with MSN and YM.
    07-26-09 01:16 PM
    DId BBM 5.0 release?? I plugged inmy phone and my desktop manager said I had an update which was BBM 5.0. I"m pretty sure I removed the files from the original but it never asked me to do that even when I first did the upgrade.. Weird
    07-26-09 02:39 PM
    Minus, I have a Tour also, but when I did an OTA install of BBM 5.0, my BBM icon did a dissapearing act. I went back to a previous version until I figure out why. Did you have this problem? Do you know of a fix?
    I just did the OTA install and I had no problems, I had the same problem when I was trying to do the 5.0 for my buddy's curve. I just ended up downgrading on the Curve
    07-26-09 02:52 PM
    I cannot find an answer for this question:

If I upgrade to BBM5, can I talk to people who aren't on 5 yet.
    07-26-09 09:00 PM
    Yes you can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 09:43 PM
    bbm 5 does not work for bold? it does not show my contacts and freezes my cell....is there any configurations or something i can do to get it working? o is it better to downgrade?
    07-27-09 02:47 AM
    No problems for me after this new 5.0.0.8 version.

BTW, a friend of mine with the 8320 has OS 4.5.0.81 and its working fine on hers...just a heads up!
    07-27-09 07:13 PM
    I need a ota for the curve please!! I had it on my storm then I sent my storm to my husband and I have a pink curve i need it back crackberry addict
    07-27-09 10:22 PM
    Thank you for this post. Helped me re-install BBM5.0 on 5.0.0.140. Much appreciated!
    07-28-09 01:20 PM
    BBM 5.0 on Curve 8900

Why do I have to click accept for all file transfers being received? Then it proceeds to download the image to my memory card then I can view it. Say my phone is not near me and someone sends a file and if I miss the message after a certain time it automatically times out and the file is automatically rejected.

What's up with that? Any option to automatically receive all files?

The old BBM would automatically receive the pick or voice note.

That's a big drawback.
    07-28-09 08:06 PM
    should i delete the older bbm on my phone before installing this newer one? and if i do will i keep my contacts?
    07-29-09 09:07 AM
    should i delete the older bbm on my phone before installing this newer one? and if i do will i keep my contacts?
    I installed OTA without removing the old version. Just install right over the old one and all your contacts will stay in tact.
    07-30-09 03:16 PM
    Does anyone know why the pictures expire after a short time of sending them? They also only have you save or reject.

Any input is appreciated.
    07-30-09 06:41 PM
    Anyone know what the "A" icon is for under some of my contacts? I thought it might be when they are actively typing, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    07-31-09 12:31 PM
    When I download it has a .jad extension that my bb does not recognize. HELP!
    Did you get a response? Also, how do you add the upgrade...Need instructions and haven't seen.

I don't know how to get the OTA to work. I downloaded the 8900BBM5.jad but now what do I do with it?
    Last edited by FamilyGuy04; 07-31-09 at 05:04 PM.
    07-31-09 04:39 PM
    Anyone know what the "A" icon is for under some of my contacts? I thought it might be when they are actively typing, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    I'm guessing A for Available.
    07-31-09 06:33 PM
    Did you get a response? Also, how do you add the upgrade...Need instructions and haven't seen.

I don't know how to get the OTA to work. I downloaded the 8900BBM5.jad but now what do I do with it?
    I answere my own question! For those that may have the same question as I did OTA means go to the website from your device and downlopad Iit direct from the website. Click on the approprite OTA link on the first page and a popup asking if you want to download willl open. Click yes until the downloadf and update is complete. I've updated mine and will do my wife's when she gets home. Pretty sweet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 10:24 PM
    OK I have a question

In "profiles" why does BBM and other IM services have 2 profile settings?

(blackberry messenger alert)
    (blackberry messenger new message)

What is the difference between the two?

Please PM me the difference, I have been posting this in other threads regarding BBM and have yet to receive a response.
    08-02-09 06:52 PM
307 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD