05-31-11 01:07 PM
307 1234 ...
tools
    Guyz i have a problem. I just updated my BBM to the new version and I am using the 9500 Storm BTW. When I finished downloading and updating it, I lost all my contacts and I had not backup my old contacts. is there any way to get the old contacts back?
    No backup? Sorry, then they're gone.
    07-23-09 12:00 AM
    I downloaded 5.0 perfectly ota, but for some reason when I try to add a bbm contact to my home screen it does nothing. Anyone else with this problem? Other then that i'm loving 5.0.
    07-23-09 12:05 AM
    What's the latest version of BBM 5? Mine is version 5.0.0, is this the latest version? If not, where do I find a link to install using DM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 01:21 AM
    I had no problems with the bbm 5.0.. Although i had to do a battery pull 3 times after installation... But for the storm the 5.0 OS has a few bugs do you think i need to run app loader??? ANYONE?? thanx...
    07-23-09 08:42 AM
    i'm having an issue with adding contacts and accepting new contacts.

I have a pending contact which i've tried to delete and it wont delete.

I have a contact who has requested me and it wont let me accept.
    I've done several battery pulls, still nothing.

using BB 8900, BBM 5.0, OS 4.6.1.250

Help!
    07-23-09 08:45 AM
    I'm curious if anyone has an idea when RIM will be releasing BBM 5.0 officially

07-23-09 03:28 PM
    I'll get flamed for this but WHICH ONE do you use for the 8350i? Wanna try this but I'm a little leery after reading about all the problems.
    07-23-09 03:44 PM
    i'm having an issue with adding contacts and accepting new contacts.

I have a pending contact which i've tried to delete and it wont delete.

I have a contact who has requested me and it wont let me accept.
    I've done several battery pulls, still nothing.

using BB 8900, BBM 5.0, OS 4.6.1.250

Help!
    Having the same issues
    07-23-09 06:10 PM
    anyone else receive an email from BBMADMIN?

Never saw this before, here's the text:
    Hello,

Thank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorized use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please turn on your BlackBerry and allow it to receive this email. The email will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not delete this email.

If you do not use BlackBerry Messenger, you can ignore this email.

Thank you,
    BlackBerry Messenger Team
    ---e---44#fr3vl7TCdyWF4hH7nWb8Fyzyzr1HGIpnac//9SQVliQ=

What the hell? Also, I noticed today that I got an email request for a contact add in BBM, that's something new as well.

Any insight?
    Got the same email here too
    07-23-09 07:41 PM
    When I download it has a .jad extension that my bb does not recognize. HELP!
    07-23-09 07:48 PM
    Has anyones BBM finally start to work fully again? again?

07-23-09 08:07 PM
    Running a Storm, 4.7.0.148, just installed BBM 5.0 yesterday.

Has anyone noticed conversations being erased? I sent a message, and i got a response 2 hours later and the entire history had been cleared and obviously i forgot what i had sent last. Just seeing if anyone else is having the issues, my friend who had me upgrade, of course has no issues on his phone (non-storm blackberry). lol

Thanks
    07-23-09 09:15 PM
    The 4.5 version restriction only applies to CDMA devices for some reason.

BBM 5.0 runs perfectly on the 8320 running 4.5.0.81

How would I get my girlfriends curve to be 113 on verizon?
    07-23-09 09:35 PM
    you need to update the OS through DM
    07-24-09 12:11 AM
    How would I get my girlfriends curve to be 113 on verizon?
    By going here - http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...ht=Newest+8330 - and upgrading the OS through Desktop Manager.
    07-24-09 11:42 AM
    I'll get flamed for this but WHICH ONE do you use for the 8350i? Wanna try this but I'm a little leery after reading about all the problems.
    I used 4.6.1 and haven't had any issues aside from whatever it is RIM is up to.
    07-24-09 03:13 PM
    Just a heads up...

Many of the hosting sites are being asked to take them down by RIM, which would explain why most of the links are no longer working. I've found several so far that have updated their posts with "Links removed at the request of RIM's attorneys", "Links removed at the request of RIM", "Links removed due to legal reasons", etc..
    07-24-09 04:14 PM
    I just downloaded for the storm and I can't find the show on homescreen option. Any suggestions

07-24-09 05:23 PM
    Anyone know if the pearl can do the show what I'm listening too? Its not showing for me but my friend with the storm has it

07-24-09 07:28 PM
    how do you move a conversatio to your homescreen on the pearl? it isnt in the options list. also, how do i change my display pictures? for my contacts and myself? i have tried and so far no luck.
    07-24-09 08:12 PM
    how do you move a conversatio to your homescreen on the pearl? it isnt in the options list. also, how do i change my display pictures? for my contacts and myself? i have tried and so far no luck.
    For yourself you go to Edit my info and highlight the square box for the picture, press down the trackball and select the picture you want. For your contacts, if any of them have BBM 5.0, you need to register your Host Routing Table, do a battery pull and then resend your services books; whatever image they have chosen will come up then. If they don't have BBM 5.0 you have to add their pin to your address book > add a picture to their contact entry > go back to BBM, press menu > Connect to Blackberry Contact.

To move a conversation to your homescreen, Highlight Contact name in list (NOT the conversation) > Press Menu > Show in Homescreen
    07-24-09 10:28 PM
    Thank you so much for helping with moving the conversations!! None of my contacts have bbm 5.0 yet, some of my contacts have their pictures uploaded via facebook.

So now that I have a conversation showing on my homescreen, how come the noticatction still goes to the the bbm bubble instead of to the conversation icon? any way of changing that?
    07-24-09 10:52 PM
    There is a link for 5.0 issues above.... There would be a good place where others are having or have had problems.
    I installed BBM5 on my 8330 curve and works perfect. The one thing it does not show is what I am listining to, to my contacts. is there a way I can do this? Tried the link above but didnt find it.
    07-25-09 01:51 AM
    I installed BBM5 on my 8330 curve and works perfect. The one thing it does not show is what I am listining to, to my contacts. is there a way I can do this? Tried the link above but didnt find it.
    This feature doesn't seem to be available on the 83XX BBM5 right now. I had a friend ask me about that today and neither my Curve nor my Pearl have it.
    07-25-09 03:33 AM
    I'm using the 8310 so clicked on the 83XX....link. I downloaded a tiny .jad file as a result. What do I do with it?
    I downloaded something called OTA Downloader but not sure if this can help me with this?
    Any help would be appreciated.

I may be going wrong with attempting to d/l using a desktop rather than the BB itself. I don't have browsing capability with my BB plan, so guess OTA is out. Any zip or rar files around, so I can do this via Desktop Manager?
    Last edited by forumdood007; 07-25-09 at 09:20 AM.
    07-25-09 07:14 AM
307 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD