05-31-11 01:07 PM
307 ... 10111213
    MW888 im having the same exact issue, its been a while and i havent found a resolution, and i tried uninstalling .57 then re downloading it with no good results, now i actually have less pictures. at first it was only about half of my contacts missing avatar pictures, now its more... ugg i really hate this..
    Same problems here and it's so frustrating. Have tried device wipe, reset, bbm delete and restore. Somehow now I have trouble registering my emails as remote backs up. I am only able to restore contacts through the memory card and DM. All contacts are there but with old display names and avatars/display pics.
    03-11-10 08:29 AM
    Ok, so I was trying to install the new BBM 5.0 and I succesfully installed it and everything, but when I try looking for the BBM icon its no where to be found. Its not under DOWNLOADS or IM files. Any clues on what maybe happening?
    03-15-10 08:47 PM
    I just wiped my device with BBSAK, then installed the 442 os. Then i loaded it using the loader.exe file and magically bbm has appeared. hope that helps anyone who can get bbm back on their device.
    03-16-10 08:54 AM
    Been meaning to ask for a while and trying to figure it out on my own....

What exactly do the "Recent Updates" tell us aside from the obvious "Changed Display Picture", ? Almost every day my same Contacts have updates...sometimes more than once a day but there is no new info, it's the same "update" that was there that I had previously cleared.

When someone does a battery pull does that cause a "Recent Update"? I have a friend that frequently shows up in Updates and it says "1 update" and shows the icon that looks like a person speaking but there is no change.

And, if I do a battery pull do they see I have an update, although I really didn't update anything??

Thanks for any help...
    03-17-10 08:34 AM
    i just installed .65 for my storm 2 9550.
    whats the difference between the older version?
    03-30-10 12:42 PM
    Hi all!

I purchased a new Tour 2 weeks ago and just got around to installing the disk that came with my bb and connecting using usb. It did an upgrade to the new software including bbm. Now everytime i send a txt via bbm it doesn't go thru to my contact. I can send a sms but still has horrible lag time. Any input as to what i need to do to fix this?
    04-04-10 04:01 PM
    I haven't had any problems with BBM up until today. Now I have a chat that will not delete, even though I say to 'End Chat'. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Please don't tell me to upgrade my version of BBM, I am perfectly happy with this version and just want to dump this chat.

Solved: Did a second battery pull, and this time the chat is gone.
    Last edited by eklisiewicz; 04-04-10 at 06:52 PM.
    04-04-10 06:38 PM
    Did the text shortcuts change for BBM 5.x? I have been looking everywhere and can't seem to find a list. I'm talking about the ones like pin: and such that would insert the info into the chat.

Also, I have been seeing problems with ghost typing on Just thought it'd mention it since I saw other people saying they had the same problem.
    04-06-10 10:19 AM
    How do you change your BBM tone on a Storm 2?
    04-09-10 01:55 PM
    What does a 'mobile phone' icon next to a contact's name mean?
    04-09-10 06:06 PM
    Can someone help me get back messenger 4.6. I downloaded 5.0 last night and HATE it... I don't have desktop manager either...
    04-14-10 07:55 AM
    Can someone help me get back messenger 4.6. I downloaded 5.0 last night and HATE it... I don't have desktop manager either...
    Here's how I did it--these are rough steps, however:

1) Find an OS 4.6 installer (I went to blackberry.com and got my carrier's, as AT&T is still stuck with OS 4.6).
    2) Install it on your computer.
    3) I think you need to have Desktop Manager from here on...start that up, connect your device, then click "Restore Applications" (or whatever the restore option says exactly).
    4) Check "BlackBerry Messenger" from the left column (make sure it's the 4.6 version) and click next (make sure BBM 5.0 is uninstalled from your device before all this)
    5) Wait until it finishes updating. You should have 4.6 back on your phone.
    04-30-10 03:55 PM
    Bbm was once the strong point that kept me coming back. The change to 5.0 created
    too many little annoyances for what I used to consider the strongest selling point for the
    BBOS (outside of enterprise and business needs). I need my bb less for business needs these
    Days as I'm not traveling as much, I'll be switching to an Android based phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 07:54 PM
    Is there a way to make the pins on the forum clickable on the BB browser and be able to automatically launch bbm?

Last edited by rafiks; 05-05-10 at 11:48 AM. Reason: grammar
    05-05-10 11:25 AM
    Help! I have a Bold 9700 and installed BBM 5.0.57 and now when I want to send a pciture, my media card is not listed, only the device memory and camera.. Is this a bug? I used to be able to see the media card.. :-(
    05-05-10 08:46 PM

BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 Now official Via BlackBerry App World.

Hey all,

To help consolidate alot of the information regarding the new "Leaked" Blackberry Messenger 5.0 on Most devices..

We will have one master thread(Here) as well as the 5 other popular threads currently existing.. Which include fixes, and configurations, and even going back to the old BBM if you would like.

So if you have a question regarding the main app it's self, or a problem post on up!

Hope this helps.

BBM 5.0 Issues Thread

BBM 5.0 sending/recieving fix!

Whats Your Barcode?

How can I downgrade to the old BBM??

How do i completely delete BBM ?
    05-28-10 05:33 PM
    How do i completely delete BBM ?
    05-28-10 05:35 PM
    What does a 'mobile phone' icon next to a contact's name mean?
    Hmm, I only see that when someone on my BBM list SMS texts me.. I think.
    05-29-10 12:39 AM
    Is ther any way to get the BBM version from the Beta Zone ( Beta Zone says no longer accepting users. I am having contact update issues and would like to go from .66 to that one.

08-06-10 06:03 PM
    Display pics are showing up. I've been spoiled with the luxury of being able to see who I'm chatting with and I miss that lol. The only "problem" I have really.
    08-10-10 09:32 AM
    Descarga estas aplicaciones desde tu BB

4.5 and 4.7 are both on there.
    08-16-10 09:49 PM
    On the newest version of BBM (5.0.138), is there any way to set an alert to notify that a sent message was read like in ver. 4.6.0 , I am useing a Nextel 8350i and a Sprint 8330, Ive downloaded 5.0.138 on the 8330 but cant seem to find this feature anywhere.
    08-20-10 06:50 PM
    hii people
    i feel dum askinq thiss **** somethinqq is wronq with my bbm display picture ; i downloaded the new bbm and nw i have had my old picture since i downloaded it ; i tried everythinn and i even added myself to see; i change my picture everyday to see if it works and it never changes ;

pls someee niice person please helpp mee asapp!
    thank yhu :-*
    08-22-10 11:49 PM
    Need to downgrade to bbm v because I've been having some issues with v .38. Is there a link to downgrade?!
    08-29-10 09:28 AM
    Anyone know if you can get extra smileys for bbm??

09-12-10 01:33 PM
307 ... 10111213