05-31-11 02:07 PM
307 ... 910111213
tools
    Huge memory leaks on my 9000 with any BBM v5 release, sometimes needing 3 reboots in a single day. Fequently lose the input cursor and can't see what I'm typing until it is sent.

This POS should be withdrawn and the developers required to produce a stable non-leaking build before dealing with any more trivial bugs and feature requests. It seems worse with each successive build, .33 was a dog and it has gone downhill fast until .56 turned up as the worst yet. The fiasco is reminiscent of the disgraceful saga with the Storm 9530 OS.

BBM v5 is now dismissed, and 4.6 has been restored. When there's a stable build fit for commercial release I will consider retesting it.
    12-21-09 09:08 PM
    new bbm working well on 9630... .2 - .4 mb loss in a day. Not bad at all.
    12-30-09 09:42 AM
    I agree BBM v5 .57 is still fail. I downgraded back to BBM 4.6 and couldn't be happier. No more memory leaks and chat/text ghost glitch.
    12-30-09 06:31 PM
    I am hating the glitches on the new BBM v5 .57... And I am missing the setting the alert and the Idle... Status Icons... Anyone feel the same? I want to be able to set an alert when my they finally read their message and I know when they did...
    12-30-09 10:07 PM
    I have a question for a non-user of bbm5. If I delete a contact who has bbm5, they still have me on their list and can still message me and they magically reappear on my list. What if I want someone to stay gone? I'm using 8900/4.6.1.231

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 05:23 PM
    .57 stuck in barcode scanning

I just upgraded and while playing, I started the 'scan a group barcode'. The camera fired up, but of course, with not barcode to scan, it stuck there, focusssing back and forth. So, I tried to cancel the scan.

No joy.

Whatever I did, it was stuck in camera mode, trying to find a barcode. I mashed every button, but could not get out, until eventually, I managed to get to the home screen (not sure how). Going back in BBM got me straight back into the camera mode.

So, I did a soft reset and put it in my holster. Imagine my surprise when, 3 hrs later, I pulled it out and got blinded by the flash as it was still trying to scan a barcode.

In the the end, I had to start up my laptop, go online and find a barcode generator just to get the damn thing to leave camera mode.

Anyone else experienced this?
    01-10-10 12:47 PM
    .57 stuck in barcode scanning

I just upgraded and while playing, I started the 'scan a group barcode'. The camera fired up, but of course, with not barcode to scan, it stuck there, focusssing back and forth. So, I tried to cancel the scan.

No joy.

Whatever I did, it was stuck in camera mode, trying to find a barcode. I mashed every button, but could not get out, until eventually, I managed to get to the home screen (not sure how). Going back in BBM got me straight back into the camera mode.

So, I did a soft reset and put it in my holster. Imagine my surprise when, 3 hrs later, I pulled it out and got blinded by the flash as it was still trying to scan a barcode.

In the the end, I had to start up my laptop, go online and find a barcode generator just to get the damn thing to leave camera mode.

Anyone else experienced this?
    lol I haven't but i know that damn barcode reader can be tricky
    01-10-10 02:18 PM
    i need to find out how to stop getting invited into these stupid conferences..
    i close it out and it pops back up again. and is frustrating.
    01-10-10 05:33 PM
    Does anyone know whether group barcodes change every now and then or do they remain the same from the moment a BBM group is created?
    01-14-10 04:48 PM
    ok, new to all of this...switched from years of Palm to BB storm at christmas.
    1. i have a folder for messages, a folder for email, a folder fro SMS/MMS, and a folder for BBM. I can get everything to dump into the "messages" folder except the BBM messages. any suggestions?
    2. when I get a voice mail i get this text message that shows up which is just annoying, i know i have a voice mail i don't need another message telling me i have a message???
    3. with palm, when i got a message, the phone would automatically turn on, and open the message(that way if my hands are busy-dishes, concrete, caulk, etc...i could still see who the message was from and what it said)...what is the best program to allow me this function?

thank you all, ive been enjoying reading all these threads(learning alot along the way!
    01-28-10 10:31 AM
    UCSD,

One method is to block the message type from non-Contacts:

1) Options / Security Options / Firewall
    2) Under "Block Incoming Messages" check the box next to "PIN"
    3) Under "Except messages from" check the box next to "Contacts"
    4) Make sure this person's PIN is NOT in any field in any of your Contacts

Let me know if that works for you....

P.S. Cali in the house!
    02-04-10 04:51 PM
    ok, new to all of this...switched from years of Palm to BB storm at christmas.
    1. i have a folder for messages, a folder for email, a folder fro SMS/MMS, and a folder for BBM. I can get everything to dump into the "messages" folder except the BBM messages. any suggestions?
    2. when I get a voice mail i get this text message that shows up which is just annoying, i know i have a voice mail i don't need another message telling me i have a message???
    3. with palm, when i got a message, the phone would automatically turn on, and open the message(that way if my hands are busy-dishes, concrete, caulk, etc...i could still see who the message was from and what it said)...what is the best program to allow me this function?

thank you all, ive been enjoying reading all these threads(learning alot along the way!
    From within BBM, press the Menu Key / Options / check the box next to "Show Chats in Messages Application"
    02-04-10 04:55 PM
    i just got a 9700 and i see people on my list with little country flags in there name how do u get them?
    02-07-10 11:27 PM
    i just got a 9700 and i see people on my list with little country flags in there name how do u get them?
    try this your on rogers so i thinking your in canada (if not sorry about that)<open bbm your profile and type *CA* space bar canada's flag should appear

here you go

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/he...bm-5-a-289831/
    02-07-10 11:51 PM
    cool thanks for the post
    02-07-10 11:59 PM
    cool thanks for the post
    no problem
    02-08-10 12:26 AM
    i frquently lose input cursor when trying to reply bbm. can only see what i typed after i send message. anyway to fix this
    02-14-10 11:04 AM
    Folks,

Just moved to 9700 last night and downloaded BBM .57 as part of the process. Fresh start, ie not using device switch, just restored address books, emails, BBM contacts, and sms using DM post phone activation via BIS account.

This is the first time I am using OS 5.0 and BBM 5 as well, previously running Javelin on 4.6.0.250 (great OS by the way).

All running OK, except for one problem: avatars/pictures of others are no showing up at all. Not even one. I know most of them have avatars.

Having read similar posts, I have been playing around with the BBM options, including checking out "Show Display Names in Chat" and "Replace Caller ID pictures with Display Pictures" options. I have not assigned a single picture as Caller ID, by the way.

Batt pull, hard reset, soft reset, send service books from BIS, host routing etc

I also tried deleting one pin, re-added it later, still not working.

This is very frustrating......

Could it be because I restored BBM contacts from 4.6 environment to BBM .57? I have made a media cared backup of BBM contacts, thinking about redownloading BBM again tonight from App World and restore contacts i made from BBM .57 environment....low batt now.

Have i missed something else here?

Or network problem hence timing issue (BBM will download those picture eventually)?

Apologies if this is a repeat post on the same issue. I am lost now.

Appreciate guidance from the Crackberry Masters.

Cheers

EDIT:

Redownloaded BBM .57 again just now. No batt pull or anything, just automatic system reboot. This time I did not check the "set application permission" during initial stage. Strange. Not sure the impact of that choice originally, but it somehow fixed my problem. Now I am seeing others' avatars.
    Last edited by mw888; 02-24-10 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Fixed the problem!!
    02-24-10 09:22 PM
    I have some of the same issues...with .57 I get the "ghost typing" very frequently--can only see what I typed after I send the message, or only if I end the conversation and start a new one. Can't see user pics either, and they can't see mine.
    02-26-10 08:52 PM
    Just a quick question...what happens if someone ignores a contact request on BBM? Does the status still remain as pending? Is the other person informed that the request has been ignored? Or does nothing happen??
    03-01-10 12:12 PM
    You will get a response saying that your request was denied. It won't stay as pending.
    03-01-10 01:05 PM
    Thank you
    03-04-10 05:57 AM
    I found bbm in my download folder, asked do I want to restore from archives. I pressed yes, and still no icon. I am now trying to download it again from app world. Anybody know a fix?
    03-04-10 11:09 AM
    Hi,

Anyone can help how to get rid the bbm icon notification on my screen? I'm pretty sure I don't have any unread messages.Even the battry pull won't work. The only time the bmm notification will disappear if someone invite me on their contact. But after that, if I restart my phone, the notication will appear again. I need to rebbot my phone at least 2-3 days.my unit is 8320 and running latest bbm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 08:10 PM
    MW888 im having the same exact issue, its been a while and i havent found a resolution, and i tried uninstalling .57 then re downloading it with no good results, now i actually have less pictures. at first it was only about half of my contacts missing avatar pictures, now its more... ugg i really hate this..
    Last edited by dnoredsi; 03-10-10 at 09:43 PM.
    03-10-10 08:54 PM
307 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD