05-31-11 01:07 PM
307 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    This may work!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 09:48 AM
    I had that problem once and after playing around with the phone and someone constantly sending me pics I discovered that I wasn't able to receive pics through BBM5 as long as "Encrypt Media Files" was turned on. So I have to turn this off to receive them on my BOLD through BBM5.
    can you pease tell me where i can find the 'Encrypt Media Files' on/off in the phone menus? been looking through and cant find it, any help will be appreciated
    11-23-09 01:24 PM
    can you pease tell me where i can find the 'Encrypt Media Files' on/off in the phone menus? been looking through and cant find it, any help will be appreciated
    look in options under memory.
    11-23-09 01:34 PM
    anyone know how to make the BBM silent? I hate having it go off while I am at work. I am in a group that has people from all over the world and they are always talking. Thanks.
    11-24-09 10:18 AM
    How do i separate my sms messages from my bbm messages?
    Anyone know?
    11-24-09 08:24 PM
    anyone know how to make the BBM silent? I hate having it go off while I am at work. I am in a group that has people from all over the world and they are always talking. Thanks.
    Try going Profile>Advanced>Menu>Edit Under BBM settings there must be an option in Ringtones that says None. Try setting that. See if it works.
    11-24-09 11:12 PM
    Hi!

I really enjoy the new BBM although it drains my battery because I join a group and any time members r chatting it shows on my screen. But my problem isn't that. My problem is if anybody knows how to get rid of the chats in my message list. Before u telling me go to Option>Show chat in message list> uncheck mark that one-i have. Checked it like 100 times, there is no check mark next to that option. Anybody any idea? Thank u
    Go into the Group. Press the dots and select Group Details. Scroll to the bottom and click on MEssage List Integration Settings. Change the option to No Activities.

~Jenifer
    11-25-09 02:26 PM
    Besides the picture thing that everyone is complaining about (which I have a work-around for as well), I can no longer use the Desktop Manager to sync my Outlook calendar with the BB.

The work-around for pictures is to take the picture, then go back to your conversation. Press the dots and select Send Picture. Sure wish I could take the picture, then send it from there (Send to Messenger Contact), like in the past. Also wish I didn't have to save every picture before viewing it.

~Jenifer
    11-25-09 02:33 PM
    Go into the Group. Press the dots and select Group Details. Scroll to the bottom and click on MEssage List Integration Settings. Change the option to No Activities.

~Jenifer
    Thank u for your answer. Just b4 I've read it I deleted the whole group. Like 2 minutes b4 I read your post. But i'll keep in mind for future references.
    11-25-09 07:41 PM
    Has anybody had the problem where u are typing on bbm 5.0 but the typing area where ur words are seen are blank? U can continue to send bbm msgs, but ur doing so blindly without seeing what ur writing! when u press enter ur msg goes thru as written, but u dont see what ur typing when ur typing..

Will re-downloading it help? Battery pulls make it go away temporarily only.. Appreciate any help
    Not sure if anyone is experiencing this, but after chatting on BB Messenger 5 on my 8900 for a while, the cursor will disappear and whatever I am typing will no longer show up in the input field. However if I press enter, it will send the message I typed including the characters I typed that I couldn't see. In order to restore normal operation, I have to end the chat and start over. After a few more messages, it will start to do the same thing. I noticed the same phenomenon with GTalk too. What could be causing this? Yesterday I wiped the BB after deleting bb messenger, and restored. That didn't help as the problem is still occurring. Anyone else having this problem? I can chat without seeing what I'm typing but it gets quite annoying. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
    So I updated to the new BBM5 a few days ago. At first everything worked fine, until today. I'm running the 5.0.230/238 hybrid on my 8330. When I go to send a message, it sends, but the text I've written stays in the input field - as if it's ready to send again.

This happened when I was running the 4.6 OS with BBM 5 beta when it first came out.. So I went back with the original BBM..

Anyone else experiencing this, or knows how to fix it ?

Just wondering if you guys or anyone else for that matter has been able to figure this out? everything works great beside the text freezing and me not being able to see what I'm typing, battery pull fixes it for a little while but it always comes back.. Very frustrating for sure..
    Tried uninstalling it a couple times with no luck, even wiped the phone and reinstalled everything but it just keeps on going like the Energizer bunny!!

Any help with this would be great, thanks guys..
    11-25-09 08:14 PM
    anyone knows wwhy status message cant be updated on bbm 5.0 ???

previously im using bb javelin and using the old bbm ,it was, i update the status and everybody can see it, then i upgrade to bbm 5.0 and restore the contact list from my back up, and it cant updtae the status anymore, i mean i can set the status an so on, but people cant see the change in my status message. I thought it must be a corrupt back up.

so i just lear to life with it,

and yesterday i bought a bb onyx, or bold 9700, that comes with os 5.0 and bbm 5 . i dont want to restore my contact from my previous 8900 back up afraid it might be corrupt so i re add again the contact one by one, i added a bout 10 contacts and try to update my status messages, and it work !! yipee finally.
    but to my horror after i add them all (about 150) now i cant update my status message again!!!

i heard someone ever tell me that this is abug, that if your contact list for BBM is more than 100, u wont be able to update your status message,
    but if your contact list is less than that you are good to go.
    can anybody confirm this ?
    its just spoiled my enjoyment of having a supposedly "smart phone"
    11-29-09 08:44 AM
    I'm using curve8900 on os4.6.1.315 with bbm 4.6 and would like to upgrade to bbm 5.0.0.33. Do I need to delete the bbm 4.6 from applications before downloading? Or will it just overwrite to bbm 5.0?

Tq for replies.
    12-06-09 10:55 AM
    Heard some rumors that BBM is very close to being update in order to fix some bugs, for instance... the pain in the back of sending pics... and some others
    Anyone knows if perhaps that's gonna happen any time soon???

Cheers!!
    12-06-09 09:46 PM
    How do i separate my sms messages from my bbm messages?
    Anyone know?
    In BBM, scroll on to the contact (not a conversation), hit the menu key, scroll down to "Remove Contacts Link".

If you do so, the SMS will no longer appear in BBM BUT if you are using Facebook, you'll lose the option of having their photos updated in BBM.
    12-08-09 09:58 AM
    one of the worst thing BBM 5.0 is that there is no offline status, I was sending my Fiancee messages and she wasn't receiving them for some reason at some point her battery went dead and I was thinking that there was a problem still ... I wasted an hor trying to fix it when the she was offline and I didn't even know it
    12-09-09 02:49 PM
    running 5.0.OS (leaked) for 8330 and now using new leaked 5.0 BBM and it works great...just install it over your old BBM, it should keep all your contacts!! good luck
    12-09-09 04:52 PM
    I have the problem with the "Received - 0.00KB" and read on blackberry.com that if you save to the device instead of the memory card it works. I tried it and it worked each time. I tried it (BOLD 9000) with Memory - Encryption Mode: None, and it worked in a matter of seconds (59KB) picture. And then when I had it set to password and device I got the same result. Looks like the BBM5 has a problem with the media card. I know if encryption is turned on you don't even get the "Received - 0.00KB" message, it acts like it will not download at all. With it off, sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. Guess I'll be saving to device and then transfer to the media card.
    12-11-09 11:44 PM
    Guess I'll be saving to device and then transfer to the media card.
    Sounds like a pain in the ***.
    12-11-09 11:47 PM
    It is a pain. But it works for now. Tired of telling people 3 times "send it again" and on the 4th time, just send it to my phone number.
    12-11-09 11:56 PM
    i dont like how i cannot make a status because i have over 100 contacts on bbm! this needs to be fixed asapp
    12-13-09 12:25 AM
    why is my bold os 5.0.0.411 and 4.6.0.297 with bbm 5.0.0.55 lagged everytime i press back / return from group chat? everytime i pressed back / return, i must restart the phone it again....
    12-14-09 11:47 PM
    i can only see certain ppls icons on BBM...IF they are a new contact i cant see...anyone know the issue?ive deleted it and reinstalled.....delete my contacts and readd them but certain ppl icons pop up....i know they have icons but its not showing up on my end.....
    12-18-09 10:31 AM
    hi every one ,,,

i notice few days ago that my BB data Sending & Receiving indicator active all time :S and it's also getting hot from the back ( Battery ) , and battery drain so fast !!!

amm notice that after installing BBM 5.0.56 !!

can u help me (Y)
    12-20-09 01:42 PM
    alright guys i got the new bbm 5.0.0.56 and i got a issue right now.

after i upgraded i got a BBM icon in my message folder and it wont go away.
    checked my saved messages and did a battery pull
    and linked messages and dont got any pending contacts

and i cant seem to get rid of it
    any help?!?!
    12-21-09 03:51 AM
    alright guys i got the new bbm 5.0.0.56 and i got a issue right now.

after i upgraded i got a BBM icon in my message folder and it wont go away.
    checked my saved messages and did a battery pull
    and linked messages and dont got any pending contacts

and i cant seem to get rid of it
    any help?!?!
    Whos the man?
    12-21-09 04:21 AM
307 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD