I've been using a Tour since it came out, with one Yahoo email address. I've had it set up so that I have all messages -- Yahoo email, SMS, MMS -- go into the main Message folder. I deleted my Yahoo Mail icon since I get all of my messages in the main folder.

Now I'm moving to Gmail but will still monitor my Yahoo address. Here's my question:

Is it possible to have the "main" message folder capture my Gmail, SMS, MMS, but have my Yahoo mail only accessible through the Yahoo Mail icon? Most of my Yahoo mail will now basically be garbage, so I'd like to keep it separate. If this is possible, how?

Thanks!
    01-12-10 08:35 PM
    I don't remember if this is available on some of the 4.7 os or the earlier 5.0 os but the 5.0.0.419 os update allows you to put which email accounts show up in the message folder and which stay in their own folder. This is a nice feature they added.
    01-12-10 08:40 PM
    I can tell you it is not 4.7
    01-12-10 08:51 PM
    I've been using a Tour since it came out, with one Yahoo email address. I've had it set up so that I have all messages -- Yahoo email, SMS, MMS -- go into the main Message folder. I deleted my Yahoo Mail icon since I get all of my messages in the main folder.

Now I'm moving to Gmail but will still monitor my Yahoo address. Here's my question:

Is it possible to have the "main" message folder capture my Gmail, SMS, MMS, but have my Yahoo mail only accessible through the Yahoo Mail icon? Most of my Yahoo mail will now basically be garbage, so I'd like to keep it separate. If this is possible, how?

Thanks!
    If you have a separate Yahoo Mail app installed, then yes. All you would have to do is take out the yahoo email address from the BlackBerry, as long as the Yahoo app is not reliant on the BB push (I don't have Yahoo). If it's not, then you can separate, but you might have to manually check the Yahoo mail.
    01-13-10 03:17 AM
    You definitely can on the .419 build as that is what I am running. And I have it set up just like that. One Yahoo account, SMS and MMS, in the message folder and the other Yahoo account by it own folder.
    01-13-10 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD