Has anyone figured out how to make SMS Text messages look like BBM?
    04-20-09 10:23 AM
    That's been a long time request, aka threaded sms. There may be a 3rd party app out there that does it good but the ones that I've tried you still have to go to the sms folder and mark them as read so it kind of defeats the purpose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 11:00 AM
    Nope,but like everyone wants it . There are a couple programs like swoosh sms and 3jam threaded messaging but they do NOT stop notifications in the sms inbox which is stupid annoying.

04-20-09 11:03 AM
    Nope,but like everyone wants it . There are a couple programs like swoosh sms and 3jam threaded messaging but they do NOT stop notifications in the sms inbox which is stupid annoying.

God I hate those notifications.
    04-20-09 11:40 AM
    One of many threaded sms threads:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/thr...t=threaded+sms

i want it too!
    04-20-09 11:43 AM
    One of many threaded sms threads:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/thr...t=threaded+sms

i want it too!
    I'm gonna call you the LinkMistress now.
    04-20-09 01:10 PM
    Maybe make threaded close to iChat or something would be nice. I like my stuff organized so I don't have to check previous messages to see what in the world I said

04-20-09 01:15 PM
    Hi all,

Give the 3jam threaded SMS app a shot:

http://www.3jam.com/blackberry

Downloadable OTA at

3jam

You can prevent duplicates from going to the native inbox: disable the native SMS app by checking the box in the Firewall settings of the BlackBerry's security settings so the app replaces the native SMS client completely.
    08-12-09 03:10 AM
    Hi all,

Give the 3jam threaded SMS app a shot:

http://www.3jam.com/blackberry

Downloadable OTA at

3jam

You can prevent duplicates from going to the native inbox: disable the native SMS app by checking the box in the Firewall settings of the BlackBerry's security settings so the app replaces the native SMS client completely.

When I do this I still get the red LED notification that won't stop blinking? Does this happen to anyone else?

Edit: It will stop after a set amount of time... not when I read the message. Is this the only option? That or turn it off all together? Also, besides BBLight, is there an app that will turn on the backlight when I receive a text? I am using 3jam so I have firewalled the SMS... so it may not be an option at all..
    Last edited by jknight4200; 09-23-09 at 09:51 AM.
    09-23-09 09:39 AM
    if you have a new blackbery, which has OS 5.0. The messages are threaded automatically. for the rest of us, we can download third party apps like swoosh sms. but there is no guarantee that these apps will delete the default OS notifications. which can be really annoying. if anyone has tried swoosh sms or any other app and was able to shut off sms notifications, please reply
    07-11-10 09:24 AM
    if you have a new blackbery, which has OS 5.0. The messages are threaded automatically. for the rest of us, we can download third party apps like swoosh sms. but there is no guarantee that these apps will delete the default OS notifications. which can be really annoying. if anyone has tried swoosh sms or any other app and was able to shut off sms notifications, please reply
    you just bumped an almost year old thread. im sure by now, they've got their answer or upgraded to 5.0.
    07-12-10 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD